LegacyGT.com

Shoulda bought the better wastegate

ovr9000

It's his first revision, the only person that should be looking at logs and making suggestions is his own tuner. It's generally considered bad form to pay someone for his services, and then ask others to eyeball his work before it's even done. Just a word of advice. :-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

invar thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize how that looked at all. I should have worded my other post better, I just wanted to know if it was any safer to drive as my dad wants to take his car out (and I know how he drives :lol:).

This map isn't an e-tune in the sense that there's going to be more revisions, it was just supposed to be a little tweak so that the car could be driven with the new wg until it it gets back to the dyno. Sunny just moved shops a little while ago and has been busy, so I didn't want to keep bugging him

You should be tuning with a wide band, period. Also AVCS tuning made me some major power gains. Your engine is an air pump, tune with a wide band and keep that thought in mind, watch your KC's and take baby steps. Personally I have a much easier time tuning with a 15# WGA especially with the stock BCS and wastegate. Get an external WG and a 3 port and it's a whole different game.

You should be tuning with a wide band, period. Also AVCS tuning made me some major power gains. Your engine is an air pump, tune with a wide band and keep that thought in mind, watch your KC's and take baby steps. Personally I have a much easier time tuning with a 15# WGA especially with the stock BCS and wastegate. Get an external WG and a 3 port and it's a whole different game.

Could you expound upon that just a little bit?

I personally have tuned a lot on FI and n/a on Toyota's 1zz and 2zz with vvti.

take logs of your maf voltage with different cam settings. overlay the graphs and then build a map from there. That will get you pretty spot on where you want to be. It should not be much different from one application to the next.

Archived