LegacyGT.com

Legacy Koni Challenge pics

devobuzz

Thanks for sharing the pics. It is quite interesting to see the front tower strut bar installed. Most people say its just there for the bling factor, but I think its functional. This reminds me of the rear tower strut bar installed on the new S402, most would probably say there is little to gain from installing it, but again why would they even waste the time making these parts for an expensive car.

Well how did she do? And how much exactly is the engine putting out?

There were 2 Legacy's in the field one came in 3rd, the other 20 something I think. There was a real long yellow and the other car pitted and didn;t have enough green flag laps to make it back to the front. Go to the Grand Am Koni Challenge web site to see the complete results.

I think i remember someone saying the car is pretty much stock engine wise.

Yeh it's street tuner class so there is very little engine modding allowed. I did see them go through post race tech and the officials had laptops hooked up to the cars.

If I remember right they could retune the ecu but they are actually running under stock boost. THey are also the only cars having to run mufflers, its their way of trying to keep the field even.

Yea they deff have stock mufflers on. Bust Grand AM regualtions for the ST class state maximum boost 13.5 psi or 13PSI if i can recall. I do remember equinoox telling me that they had to keep the si drive controller in the car because they coulnd not get the car to workj without it. Go figure,Need to pass that RX8 i been chassing for the last lap Sport #!!!! FTW!

Thanks for sharing the pics. It is quite interesting to see the front tower strut bar installed. Most people say its just there for the bling factor, but I think its functional. This reminds me of the rear tower strut bar installed on the new S402, most would probably say there is little to gain from installing it, but again why would they even waste the time making these parts for an expensive car.

It's definitely functional. I could tell difference after installing mine. Rear one - never had one, but it mystifies me because: (1) shocks are mounted to the floor - reinforced, especially on wagon (2) shocks are non-structural elements on the rear multilink suspension unlike struts in the front.

Okay did some Investigating on the power thing. Looks like they limted to 12.0psi as of newer rule changes.

Here the Proof

http://grand-am.com/assets/TechnicalBulletin_200807.pdf

Car would have a utmost unfair advantage at stock boost i'm guessing sicne it one of the more powerful cars in the field.

Yea could you even hear them over all the other cars? How do they sound in person can never hear them in the clips they always drowned out by other cars.

During the race you can't tell which car is making noise since they all interact - except for the Mazda's and Cooper's. For some reason they both have a distinct (and what I consider - annoying) sound. During the yellow flags when the Legacy came buy, all you would hear is tire noise.

Archived