LegacyGT.com

Is this the Legacy GT tuned by STi to Come?

BigInALegacy

Check this out... why couldn't we see something like this come onto the sedan?

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/legacytunedbysti2007/

BTW: Check out the gauges... those are sweet!

Only thing thats different (other than SI units) is it says STi. :spin:

I'm focusing more on the Brembo setup, SS brakelines, STi Bilsteins and tuned by STi specific ECU.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

This is old news. There is a JDM STI sedan like this JDM wagon, and practically every country in the world except the USDM gets these cars. Of course they didn't sell the WRX here for many years because Americans wouldn't buy it, right? The 2.0 engine is to make it legal for World Rally Competition.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

I had also never heard anyone talk of this thing... all this talk about the Liberty STi made it seem like it was the first LGT that STi had touched. Someone else linked to another page on that site, and after some playing around I came across that thing.

I thought it was pretty cool anyhow, but I don't see why alot of those parts wouldn't transfer over to our USDM LGT's.

Does SOA not think we'd like Illuminated cupholders? I like the titanium (or whatever it is) trim on it too... that's pretty slick.

I AM SO BORED WITH SUBARU!

That being said, I am worried for myself. I found myself drooling over the '08 Ford Focus shots I saw last night. LEDs throughout the car with 7 color choices all controlled by a dash knob! And a weight reduction of 60lbs to improve speed and fuel economy. Not that I would ever buy one, but the fact Im looking scares me.

http://www.motorpasion.com/images/2007/01/2008_ford_focus_naias-07.jpg

In 2-3 years Ill be replacing my dated LGT. So what with? That depends on a variety of factors (Graduate School, Job, Wife). I like the old WRX so maybe, but the new one, which I waited and waited to see blows! There is a 2.0L hybrid IS coming in '09/'10. If I have money, my name will probably be on the list for one of those suckers. If not, well then I prolly end up with a boring old '07 WRX.

In a nutshell: I am bored!

'cause Sedans are useless and they suck? :spin::iam::lol:

Agreed. If I wanted a sedan, I'd have bought a G35. There are so many sport sedan choices, but so few sport wagon choices. Besides, sedans look stupid with roof racks and are pretty useless for camping trips. :p

A) G35 costs what $8,000 more than our car, and you get what? Just not worth it IMO. Rather drop $8,000 into an LGT.

B) You live in Sacramento, not Vermont or Wyoming! ;)

Rickkeeeyy! (ref to that Subaru commercial) :lol:;)

C) If I wanted a STATION WAGON, I'd get a Magnum R/T ;)

A) G35 costs what $8,000 more than our car, and you get what? Just not worth it IMO. Rather drop $8,000 into an LGT.

B) You live in Sacramento, not Vermont or Wyoming! ;)

Rickkeeeyy! (ref to that Subaru commercial) :lol:;)

C) If I wanted a STATION WAGON, I'd get a Magnum R/T ;)

A) Not really. I have a LGT Limited, so the price difference was more like $3000. Besides, I don't want a sedan. The LGT sedan is 4 cubic feet smaller in passenger room than the LGT wagon and way smaller in cargo area. (That's why the wagon is classified as a Midsize by EPA while the sedan is a Compact.)

B) I mountain bike and camp regularly. I'm in the mountains in 30 minutes. And did I mention that roof racks look stupid on sedans. :p Vermont? Gimme a break. I own an LGT wagon not an OB! And I don't have a rainbow sticker either!!! :lol:

C) The Magnum is not available with a manual transmission. The LGT wagon was for 2005 and the 5MT is still available for the OB XT (but I'd have to have that rainbow sticker and move to Vermont). :p

i'd still take the $3000 and drop it into my LGT :p

I don't bike :rolleyes:

It's 2008 now, do they even make a legacy wagon anymore? :eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

In all seriousness though, it just depends what you use it for. If I had time to camp alot (and actually did), and I had kids I'd have gotten an LGT Wagon. They're definitely pimpin' :)

BUT... I'm 25 and I'm in the prime of my life, and soon I might have kids and won't be able to enjoy these thrills, so for now I like my sedan ;)

BUT... I'm 25 and I'm in the prime of my life, and soon I might have kids and won't be able to enjoy these thrills, so for now I like my sedan ;)

True. However, did you ever consider that perhaps the only reason you're "big" in your LGT is because it is 4 cubic feet smaller in passenger area and 23 cubic feet smaller in cargo area than the LGT wagon? :rolleyes: If you had a LGT wagon, you'd have to change your username to "MediumInALegacy." :p

Not to be a stick in the mud, but at the top it said Legacy 2.0T Tuned by STi. Doesn't that mean 2 liter engine instead of a 2.5T?

Japan has the 2.0. Australia, NZ, and US get the 2.5. Not sure about Europe. I think they get the 2.5.

The 2.0 has a higher redline than the 2.5, and has more power (better gas in Japan). The autos are rated at 260hp, and manuals at 280hp.

Archived