LegacyGT.com

Does Belt Chime Disable Really Work?

Okay, I built a sweat lodge, waited for leap year, turned to the North star after bowing three times to Mecca. The chimes still live. I followed the instructions given: key to on, 20 times in 30 seconds, be sure dash light for belt goes on and off each of 20 times to ensure registration, turn key to off, remove key, and re-start KAR, or was it CAR and wait to hear if chimes stop after first five chimes. I tried several times to ensure 20 count and different pause rates between steps. My car was built in late October under a full moon. Is it really possible to "kill" chimes?

As soon as you turn the key on start buckling and unbuckling 20 times then turn the key off. Make sure you count on the unbuckle. Sequence: hold the seatbelt with your left hand and have the buckle in the slot ready for buckling then turn the key to on then buckle away then unbuckle(count 1), buckle then unbukle(count 2)... you get the picture. continue 'til you get to 20. Hope this helps.

Ok you need to do the buckle/unbuckle thing 20 timees in 30 sec with the key in accesory, then REMOVE the key put it back in to the same positon and do the buckle/unbuckle thing again and remove the key start the car and its done. Both times you must start as soon as the chime starts going off.

Here's my take on it. I did the "rapid buckle-unbuckle 20 times" deal about 20 separate times. It never totally killed that damn bell. However, I have noticed that the only time the stupid chime comes on is when I first start the car and it wants me to put the seat belt on. I mean RIGHT AWAY after the ignition is started. Other than those first few VERY ANNOYING rings, the chime never comes on again. I mean never. I don't actually have to buckle in the seatbelt. It just never rings again to MAKE me put the belt on. I can drive around leasurely and buckle it up whenever I damn well feel like it. Perhaps this is what everyone gets when it "works" for them. I can't get the bell to totally stop ringing, but it sure is much less annoying. Or at least it's less demanding of me.

[quote name='LandShark']Here's my take on it. I did the "rapid buckle-unbuckle 20 times" deal about 20 separate times. It never totally killed that damn bell. However, I have noticed that the only time the stupid chime comes on is when I first start the car and it wants me to put the seat belt on. I mean RIGHT AWAY after the ignition is started. Other than those first few VERY ANNOYING rings, the chime never comes on again. I mean never. I don't actually have to buckle in the seatbelt. It just never rings again to MAKE me put the belt on. I can drive around leasurely and buckle it up whenever I damn well feel like it. Perhaps this is what everyone gets when it "works" for them. I can't get the bell to totally stop ringing, but it sure is much less annoying. Or at least it's less demanding of me.[/QUOTE] yes, that means it's off.

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']uh...yes it works.....mine bought in July is still disabled....that was the dumbest thing that Subaru put in this car...that annoying chime....well...ONE of the dumbest things[/QUOTE] The Oldschool NES type cheat code turn off was by far the most anoying and the dumbest by far. The first few that come on i dont even notice so I can't see the complaining.

[font='Times New Roman']Does this seatbelt chime trick only work for the drier or does it also disable the passenger? I have been hesitant because I know I will always buckle mine but I often have other people in the car that “forget” unless the car speaks up. [/font]

[quote name='rclark0032'][font='Times New Roman']Does this seatbelt chime trick only work for the drier or does it also disable the passenger? I have been hesitant because I know I will always buckle mine but I often have other people in the car that “forget” unless the car speaks up. [/font][/QUOTE] Yes it works on the passanger side too. I have the same anoying passanger problam

I don't recall exactly what I did, but I just followed the post in the DIY section. Worked for me the first time. I just get the 5 dings or so when I first start the car, and that's it. I can just say, it DOES work.

it worked for me in 16 buckle/unbuckles immediately after turing the key to the on position. you will hear the bell stop sounding once it has worked. this is how i figured it could be done in less than 20 times.

same here.. I am thinking it's the cold.. my car started harsh this morning.. my thought that I drained the battery during a cold crank just enough for the chime to reset and kick back in. Oh well, another 20 to 30 clicks to do later tonight. Keefe
Keefe

Archived