LegacyGT.com

Projector Output Comparison

VXCL

From another thread- thought others would find this useful

TSX vs FX vs E39 vs OEM H7 Projector Output

TSX

-nicest cutoff, very bright, small focal area, spreads light the worst, emits no light above cutoff

FX

-spreads the light more then tsx, largest focal area but not as bright, cutoff isnt as nice, emits the most light above cutoff

E39

-largest projector w/ 3" lens, speads light the most, emits a decent amount of yellow above center cutoff, brighest focal area but the smallest, emits some light above cutoff

OEM H7

-output is much less then D2S Xenon, cutoff is not crisp, window in cutoff allowing for output down the road, light spread similar to TSX, small focal area similar to e39

Both TSX and FX units are similar. The TSX is brighter and the FX spreads light better. I'm guessing you could mess with the fx to create some blue and purple in cutoff if desired.

peace

PICS go in order right to left as follows: TSX -> FX -> E39 -> OEM H7 (far then cu)

tsx_far.thumb.jpg.8887fca925d90c3e580b62015a5ea3e6.jpg

fx_far.thumb.jpg.7e4453f60d7ca0dd449f7df394fe388b.jpg

e39_far.thumb.jpg.173a166adcf555ab9e8eb2fb696901f1.jpg

oemH7_far.thumb.jpg.bf39c8f055e1a65a0d9e430e1913073f.jpg

tsx_cu.thumb.jpg.52be328e8b6d8315d84d37c81321c8ca.jpg

fx_cu.thumb.jpg.d7390028442849bf9801acba35452576.jpg

e39_cu.thumb.jpg.26f87a48049057f933a341fd0f58edd7.jpg

oemH7_cu.thumb.jpg.25310b20bae9f9123586e16389150091.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Interesting. My OB's projector headlights is one of the features I really love and won't do without in future cars. Yet it's something I'd never really thought about before, and certainly never compared while car shopping. I observe that Acura TL's also appear to have excellent beam coverage.

Did the original poster ensure the exposures were set manually to be consistent?

Interesting. My OB's projector headlights is one of the features I really love and won't do without in future cars. Yet it's something I'd never really thought about before, and certainly never compared while car shopping. I observe that Acura TL's also appear to have excellent beam coverage.

Did the original poster ensure the exposures were set manually to be consistent?

i took all the pics myself and yes they were all taking under the same conditions and same camera settings.

the oem h7 units are one of the best i've seen for that type of lighting.

also just to be clear all of these projectors are rated good or better by the majority of lighting nuts. This comparison is for the xenon retro nuts like myself.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 3 weeks later...
yeah we know fx's wont fit because of the odd shape of them. My Rx330's though I'm saying are like the fx beam picture. I think besides s2000 and fx's the rx330's are the 3rd widest beam on the market. Well maybe the LS's are probably a bit wider and diffenently the most intense on overall output (they are BRIGHT).

fx projectors wont fit unless some serious modding to the projector...belive me i tried, If you know of a way to do it please let me know I have a set in my house.

i will compare them to my tsx units and see what up if i take them out of the housings before selling. normally i sell the lamps in tact.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I got my hands on a tribeca housing and yanked the projector out of it, I must say the out put is very nice and it has clear lens, but its built simular to the S2K projector with the projector and the highbeam is one componet I also would like to add that it is a partly full inclosed projector rather odd but I will post pix later on today.
Mr.350

• 9 months later...

Archived