LegacyGT.com

Stock Tire/Wheel weight....

Driver72

in truth! Based on my pretty d@mn accurate digital scale....accurate compared to both my doctor's office and gym's counterweighted scale...not to mention my Vet's digital scale that I recently weighed my dog on and then took him home and weighed him on my digital scale :D I know there has been some posts floating around that our stock LGT wheels weigh around 18-18.5 pounds. But on my digital scale, I weighed the wheel/tire combo 3 times and got and average of 42.8 pounds. Now Bridgestone lists the 215/45/ZR17 Potenza RE-92's (our stock tires) at 23 pounds each. They make the tire, they SHOULD know the weight. So based on that, subtracting the 23 pounds from the average 42.8 pounds we get a stock wheel weight of 19.8 pounds. Even for the sake of arguement, you could say Bridgestone might round their weight down from say 23.3 pounds and just say 23 on their website. That would still mean our stock wheels weigh 19.5 pounds. So to err on the side of our benefit, I think it's safe to say our wheels weigh about 19.5 pounds each, not the 18 or 18.5 lbs that some have reported. Still a respectable weight for a 17x7 inch OEM wheel.

[quote name='Driver72']in truth! Based on my pretty d@mn accurate digital scale....accurate compared to both my doctor's office and gym's counterweighted scale...not to mention my Vet's digital scale that I recently weighed my dog on and then took him home and weighed him on my digital scale :D I know there has been some posts floating around that our stock LGT wheels weigh around 18-18.5 pounds. But on my digital scale, I weighed the wheel/tire combo 3 times and got and average of 42.8 pounds. Now Bridgestone lists the 215/45/ZR17 Potenza RE-92's (our stock tires) at 23 pounds each. They make the tire, they SHOULD know the weight. So based on that, subtracting the 23 pounds from the average 42.8 pounds we get a stock wheel weight of 19.8 pounds. Even for the sake of arguement, you could say Bridgestone might round their weight down from say 23.3 pounds and just say 23 on their website. That would still mean our stock wheels weigh 19.5 pounds. So to err on the side of our benefit, I think it's safe to say our wheels weigh about 19.5 pounds each, not the 18 or 18.5 lbs that some have reported. Still a respectable weight for a 17x7 inch OEM wheel.[/QUOTE] You weighed you wheel at your doctor's, your gym, and your vets??? Oh they gotta love you!!!! :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

And in my experience the UPS's scales ALWAYS are about .5 pounds heavy. I've sent many things (including a lot of my camera gear) to other parts of the world via UPS and they're scales are always .5-1.0 pound heavier than any other scale I've weighed things on....including certified postal scales. So again, I think it's safe to say they are AT LEAST 19.5 pounds and IF my digital scale is perfectly accurate, they're 19.8 pounds.

Archived