LegacyGT.com

Whats wrong with Stromung???

eb50

I have posted the PM response I got from Peter at PL Tek

"hi,

i only sold one stromung piece and feedback was mixed, it fit ok but the quality was pretty questionable. (hence i cant even guarantee price until i check with Stromung)

crucial has their products made by stromung, actually but i believe that Jeremy requires that his pieces get TIG welded since recently, where stromung mig welds their piece.

//

I hope this helps

PS"

interesting that crucial has their parts made by stromung... yet crucial is 320 for DP and stromung is under 200

Well don't forget he did mention the difference in welding and the crucial is coated....might not be worth the extra cash to everyone but there is some added value there

If hand welded, either process has more to do with the welder than the process. If done properly, I can't imagine TIG being measurably better than MIG?

nah not really. most stuff is migwelded with absolutly no ill effects. tig can be better, can look better and is all around more versital. but for a peice of exhaust pipe it really wont matter

no need to jack.. i did alot of searching around and i havent heard any complaints about the stromung so i think thats the way im gonna go. it seems like there is an older version, 2.5" made for EAT and MT, and the newer 3" which only fits 5mt. stage 2 here i come

no need to jack.. i did alot of searching around and i havent heard any complaints about the stromung so i think thats the way im gonna go. it seems like there is an older version, 2.5" made for EAT and MT, and the newer 3" which only fits 5mt. stage 2 here i come

Where are you buying the Stromung from - PLTek? I thought you had posted that PLTek had to confirm the price?? Does this mean he doesn't have them in stock? Can he even get them anymore?

Keep us posted.

It appears LGT shorty downpipes are a still a hot commodity; seems like a real opportunity for a vendor to step in with a reasonably-priced shorty and sell a bunch of them. :iam:

Stromung also made Cobb's exhausts for a while.

I've had two Stromung full TBE exhausts (WRX and now my OBXT). The welds on both of the products are some of the best I've seen. Both exhausts were the only parts on the car that never gave me any trouble at all.

Also, pics and vid clip

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35167&highlight=stromung

• 4 weeks later...

how come the 2.5 can fit both AT and MT?anywy, should buy this dp? should i go for 2.5 or 3?

Archived