LegacyGT.com

XM MyFi install about 90% complete

fatbastard

Well I have had the MyFi in the car since I bought it back in May and originally I had it mounted on the vent but with winter coming I really didn't want hot air blowing on the back of it and I hated how it broke up the clean look of the dash. I am also using Jazzy's line in and I have the XM antenna hidden under the rear spoiler. So everything was good but the location of the unit itself. Well after getting some input from ScoobyLife I picked up the Akron flexible mount. This things mounts super easy (connects to passenger seat anchor bolt) and hold the unit is basically any postion you want. I would say it is definately worth the 16 bucks or so I paid. The only reason this isn't complete is due to cable management issues. I will be running the wires through the flexible cable loom they put over the metal part but I need to get a right angle 1/8" patch cord. The real line out on the XM is too low in volume so I use the headphone out and don't like the way the cable sticks out currently. I may even try to find a beige cable loom so it blends in a bit better.

Img_0443_small.jpg.3a236b2d813c02d44b9116f4a1c6f511.jpg

Interesting install! I'm thinking I want to mount my Sirius S50 just to the right of the stereo/hvac but I haven't found a mount that would work yet. I'm going to check out the mount you used right now.

Do you have a link to where you purchased this from?

EDIT---nevermind, found it.

Here is a link to where I got it...you may have to look around for the right one to mate with your device. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SR088S-15-Inch-Swivel-Gooseneck-Satellite/dp/B0009VYER0/ref=sr_11_1/102-7090678-8256933?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Arkon SR088S 15-Inch Swivel Gooseneck Satellite Radio Mount: Electronics[/ame]

Do you have close up pics of the antenna mounted?

I had to mount mine on top of the roof offset from center because the wire would pinch if I put it on the center of the roof.

I don't have a picture of where I actually mounted the antenna but it is on the drivers side about in line with the roof rail. Taking the spoiler off is pretty easy, the only catch is to lower the hatch when you try to take the nuts off. The first time I didn't do this and a nut fell into the door and it took a while to retrieve. Once the antenna was position and the spoiler replaced I routed the wire through the grommet on the hatch so I could run it up front.

Img_0279_small.jpg.b386fbf58020cc8120ba762050de4e80.jpg

Archived