LegacyGT.com

DIN Slots face plate ~ Japan

Mestizo

I've been reading a few threads and it seems like nobody has been able to install DIN Streros into their libertys/legacys. (If this has been posted and I'd be surprised if it hasn't then please delete)

http://accessory.subaru.co.jp/legacy/catalog/index.html

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9215

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9216

Subaru_Fascia.jpg.e9fc9ec7869cce33fcba73324af3f887.jpg

Subaru_Fascia_2.jpg.44b8529ad9ce1d9f93bb94c7619fda33.jpg

Something to note is that the USDM Legacy's have Dual Zone climate control...the JDM spec is Single Zone climate control. There has been speculation that the JDM might or might not plug in to the USDM Legs. This has been ruled as unlikely due to the actual venting.

All that said, I am sure the community would get behind you if you decide to pioneer these waters :D

Very interesting, now we need to make sure the new plate comes with conections for the HVAC, once the USDM have dual climate control and is actually controlled by a circuitry inside the head unit...

Now you just got me very curious hehehehehe

+1 for the results if anyone volunteers to install one of these....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Yes, the hazard button can be moved. Its just screwed into the face plate. Nobody seems to know about the JDM AC panel because the only place to get it in the US is AVO turbo world and they are in japan. The socket on the JDM matches the US socket. Yes the JDM is single zone, but its a digital signal to the controller unit. In theory the main controller is the same for the US & JDM, so it should be able to operator in single mode(or so I think). All we need is somebody to spend the $330 and test, or AVO to lend us one. Grrrrr.

Damn the timing. I already bought the cubby adapter. I would MUCh rather have this one, if it will fit, for my Alpine LCD screen. I don't like the idea of having two stereos in my car - this would rock. I guess I can always replace the original cubby and get one later. I'll keep my eyes on this thread...

Well im an Aussie so i guess im not the one to test it, but you can order them from your subie dealer as their produced for people with religiuos belifes that does not allow them to have a stero in their car (The Breathern).

And even if the looms alil diff then you should be able to match the wires up and go from their. Or adapt a 2.5i dual zone to work with it.

And yes it includes everything.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12513&page=5

It has been confirmed that the AU models can be upgraded to the JDM dual setup like you show..

and this thread http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16726&page=1&pp=10&highlight=dual+zone

had some discussion on it as well, somebody just has to take the plunge and buy one and see if it works..

I'm almost at the point of trying it

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 2 weeks later...
Im waiting for my friend to get back to Japan. I actually told him about 1 month ago that I wanted this unit.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 2 weeks later...

Most cars use networks these days to control accessories, such as AC vents. I am thinking the ACC sends commands to the controller. There is probably a single zone and dual zone controller. The controllers, I would think, have a standard control interface to the vents, etc. It is too inefficient to have two completely different dash vent control scheme for different markets for a car based on the same platform. Most auto makers keep it modular.

Like my mom always said, "keep it modular, bitch!"

My speculation is that we would need a single zone controller, a single zone cable to connect single zone ACC to single zone controller, and the JDM bezel w/ACC to get this to work. I haven't downloaded the service manual yet. Anybody have a link to the service manual?

I have a 06 2.5i SE, my ac controls are the ones with the three buttons you control manually. How do i know if its single or dual? I'd really like to order than double din.

sounds like his may be non-climate control....manual a/c controls? like fan speed, hot/cold, on/off knobs?

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

sounds like his may be non-climate control....manual a/c controls? like fan speed, hot/cold, on/off knobs?

The din control wont work for you, you dont have the electronics to hook up the auto a/c control to. The best bet for a 2.5i owner with manual climate control is to have a custom faceplate fabricated.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Heres an idea, everybody on the board who wants to know chips in a dollar to an account and somebody tries it. That way we can know for sure instead of all of this guessing. I would sure like to know.

Yeah, I can try it. Everyone send me a few dollars.

This is a brilliant idea.

Archived