LegacyGT.com

Stainless brake lines for the Outback?

drewster

I thought when I did some searching a while back that they were only available for the front, or that they were too short, or they broke when you got air jumping bridges :( . Are front and rear sets available now? Anybody no?

to my understanding that it should be the same.. The rear requires two pieces (there's a hard line mount for the rear in between the two ss lines). I dont remember if or how short the rears are...

Keefe

Keefe

to my understanding that it should be the same.. The rear requires two pieces (there's a hard line mount for the rear in between the two ss lines). I dont remember if or how short the rears are...

Keefe

They are not the same and the GT will NOT work on the XT. PM LimeyDriver for details. He has been working with P&L to get a set.

Mr Clark is correct. Front Goodridges or Cobbs fit rears do not. Working on a solution as we speak. All will be revealed on June 6th ;)

Currently have SS fronts - No problem.

04 WRX Carbotech Bobcats on Front - No Problem

04 WRX Carbotech Slotted Front Rotors - June 6th.

03 WRX Carbotech Bobcats on Rear - June 6th

Custom rear rigid lines - June 6th.

SS Lines on rear - June 6th

Carbotech and SS lines make a big difference to pedal feel. Brakes starting to feel much more solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed custom rear hard lines so I could use the SS rear lines in the Cobb kit. Also installed 2004 WRX Carbotech slotted rotors. We had to push the dust shield back a bit, but they do fit. Still no luck with the rear pads. They are not WRX 2002-2003 so I will keep researching this.

So to summarize:-

Cobb SS lines fit the Front no mods

Cobb SS lines fit rear with custom hard lines (Contact P&L Motorsports who can make them for you)

2004 WRX Pads fit Front

2004 WRX Rotors fit Front

No pad found for rears - yet

585004686_Brakes4.jpg.32162bda4114821f791abb337aedb32b.jpg

1143830341_Brakes1.jpg.49cf734de4c610dd3096d8d151e9afdc.jpg

2067476626_Brakes2.jpg.ca995dbb29ed4742ff129dfe0a1f0eff.jpg

1651366576_Brakes3.jpg.48ee9dd40e580436f900f72bda88fa44.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the update, now that I've done work on the suspension, wheels & tires, it's time to check into getting the brakes in order. What sort of price are we looking at for the cost of the SS lines with custom hard lines?

• 1 month later...

yeah i've been spoiled by the brakes on the STi and with the Outback I just allow for the increase in braking distance. :D I'm in no hurry to replace the brakes and I'll wait and see what others come up with first. I don't want it to be like my coilovers where I had to make 4 trips to Portland before I had them setup properly. I'll let someone else work out the bugs first and then buy when something has been proven to work. Call it being lazy or (being smart). :)

I would do the brake line swap but I never got a response back from P&L.

HEY! That was my idea. I was just going to email him the same question as we have not heard back from P&L. I just emailed them as well.

Get this kit sorted out so we can buy it!

Thanks!

Tell you guys what, if Limey doesnt have his set or doesnt get back to me by the end of today, Ill order a set of OEM lines and send them to Techna-Fit by week's end. From there, they will be able to produce the lines and have them ready in about a week or so as long as there arent any special hardware pieces involved.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

This is how a vendor wins long term business! Great Initiative!

Tell you guys what, if Limey doesnt have his set or doesnt get back to me by the end of today, Ill order a set of OEM lines and send them to Techna-Fit by week's end. From there, they will be able to produce the lines and have them ready in about a week or so as long as there arent any special hardware pieces involved.

Archived