LegacyGT.com

Dumb 'stang driver

hulahomer

haha...I had a 94 Impala SS as my first car, and I had no choice whether to drive it in the winter or not. I also loved getting sideways and burning out, so I had 2 tires with tread and 2 tires without a whole lot of tread. I was working at a local resturaunt and didn't have money for snow tires, so I lived with what I had. I originally had the tires with most tread on the rear, this way I had traction to move. I quickly found out that semibald front tires did NOTHING. And a few close calls of the beast understeering almost hitting gaurdrails or other motorists made me rotate them. I threw about 600lbs of weights, sand, and tools in the trunk and lowered the pressure whenever it snowed and it didn't do half bad for a 4300lb car with 300hp at the rear wheels.

haha...I had a 94 Impala SS as my first car, and I had no choice whether to drive it in the winter or not. I also loved getting sideways and burning out, so I had 2 tires with tread and 2 tires without a whole lot of tread. I was working at a local resturaunt and didn't have money for snow tires, so I lived with what I had. I originally had the tires with most tread on the rear, this way I had traction to move. I quickly found out that semibald front tires did NOTHING. And a few close calls of the beast understeering almost hitting gaurdrails or other motorists made me rotate them. I threw about 600lbs of weights, sand, and tools in the trunk and lowered the pressure whenever it snowed and it didn't do half bad for a 4300lb car with 300hp at the rear wheels.

One of my favorite races was with a 96' SS and a trans am, i like big cars...

There was NOTHING like cranking the thing sideways. I also had a 96 SS that had just shy of 450hp at wheels. It was a blast to drive, but I went through tires like diapers. I couldn't resist flooring it from a 30mph roll and burning rubber. That's one reason I bought an AWD car. Tire money is mod money now.

I dont get it but then again i have never dealt w/ show or chains on tires. Im assuming the chains should be on the back?

Chains should be on the driven wheels. Apparently this driver thought the Mustang was FRONT wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive!

Tim

Actually, chains should be put on all four wheels regaurdless of it being FWD, RWD or AWD.

I guess I was thinking that, if you only have two chains, you should put them on the driven wheels, but you're right, they should go on all four.

• 3 months later...
That photo's gotta be a set-up; wait for a slick day, rent or borrow a Mustang, put the chains on the wrong wheels, take the shot, post the photo and laugh all night long at all those dumb RWD owners.

'Worked on me!

Sorry to bump an old thread... but I actually know the guy who took the picture.

No setup was made, he just saw it as he rolled by in his OB.

Archived