LegacyGT.com

Security system

Anything is possible with enough money, except certain types of cancer.....

You're looking for the factory OEM system? This is possible, but it would need to be wired to the horn, the ignition (If it has an immobilizer feature), and the parking lights to work properly. If you want a shock sensor you'd have to wire that up too. Aftermarket systems are similar, except most don't have the immobilizer or shock sensing systems, unless you want to shell out the dough for them.

Personally, I would go with an aftermarket system if you're already going to be shelling out cash. Might as well get something with more features...
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I want to do the same thing. Keyless entry module and alarm module are dealer-installed accessories. Our cars should be factory pre-wired, and all is needed is to stick in those modules. I found both on ebay ($40 each), but wanted to check the wiring first... do not have time...

A local junk yard might have something too

EDIT: factory alarm is a joke. If you need a security system, go with some serious aftermarket stuff. Good systems have remote relays hidden all over the place and disrupt 5-6 vital circuits simultaneously. Very good systems also have GSM+GPS modules, so you can communicate with the car via text messaging: get the system status, car's location etc on your cell phone. May be an overkill for a 10 year old car though.

If I'm going to do any major investment in a car, I buy components that I can rip out when the car dies. My truck for example... I've got a steering wheel a radio, dual truck boxes, Edelbrock intake, MSD coil, APC foglights, and a bunch of other parts that I'm gonna rip off before I scrap it. I'm getting another truck, sme year, same model, same motor... I'm gonna swap all the parts onto the new one when I get it. Even the new cap/rotor, plug wires, spark plugs, fuel filter and thermostat are coming off. Yeah, I'm that cheap (And the parts don't even have 300 miles on them).

You can recycle a security system, and if you don't want to, you can always put it on eBay and get some cash back for it.

Subaru doesn't have an immobilizer until some 2005/2006 models. Besides for the money, you are better off going with something non oem.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...

Yeah people say that but the service manual I have for my car says that it can have an immobilizer, there's even a picture of it mounted under the steering column. Also I want to maintain factory spec and not use other parts etc. Seems like most cars here in Nz have the alarm but mine doesn't...

I already have remote locking... (is that what you meant by keyless entry?)

I am referring to the US models.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived