LegacyGT.com

Five Greatest Sleepers

Dujo

I saw this article...lot's of people correctly say the '89 SHO should definitely have been up there. Faster than a Mustang GT! The one car that should top the list was the '89 Dodge Spirit Turbo (looked like the Plymouth Acclaim). That car was actually faster than the SHO and was the ultimate sleeper!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should EASILY have been included in that list.

I've owned 3 of these, GLT, Turbo, T5-R (all wagons).

The wagons look even more unassuming.

300bhp is not very hard to get out of these.

Easily the one of the best sleepers in the past 40 years.

I just realized that there's another sleeper around.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/Opel_Lotus_Omega_rear_DSC00826.jpg/800px-Opel_Lotus_Omega_rear_DSC00826.jpg

Opel Lotus Omega. 377hp/568Nm, top speed of 177mph.

453747.png

I think of a sleeper that's completely unassuming, has got some get up out of the box, and a little modding really brings it to life. The vehicle featured in this video is a perfect example. Good watch.

The guy that did my suspension had a T5-R in the faded yellow color. Kept trying to get him to take it on the track.

Auto T5-Rs aren't really track cars unless they have 5 speed swaps (my 854 turbo was 5spd swapped). They're more like highway cruisers than track bruisers because of their super long gearing.

Auto T5-Rs aren't really track cars unless they have 5 speed swaps (my 854 turbo was 5spd swapped). They're more like highway cruisers than track bruisers because of their super long gearing.

In deed.... most of the ones on the track are auto swapped with a Euro ECU.

Too bad US did not get them that way. I had a pleasure of having 3 T-5R's (all cream yellow). Still my fav car to this date.

In deed.... most of the ones on the track are auto swapped with a Euro ECU.

Too bad US did not get them that way. I had a pleasure of having 3 T-5R's (all cream yellow). Still my fav car to this date.

before I bought my wagon, I looked into buying a Canadian market Volvo wagon with a mt. The hassle of "importing" it made it hopeless due to expense.

• 2 weeks later...
If they do this article again in ten years there is a good chance that the Ford Flex Awd w/ ecoboost will make the list.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I'll add Toytoa Celica All-Trac to the list :)

Have you ever driven one? I wanted one for while. I test drove a couple, they are a bit of a dog, expensive for what they are, and have very limited aftermarket support. After the Evo and STi were offer in the US, I cross the All Trac right off my list...(The test drive themselves knocked them down on my list as well.)

Archived