LegacyGT.com

Tennessee Roll Call

rchayes21

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a Nashville area guy. Wondered if anyone knew a good Nashville mechanic that can do a compression & leak down test for me. Dealer wants about $350 to do it...I may just do that.

P.S. When you're looking to have a compression and lead down test done, it's never good news :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Ended up doing the tests myself...good experience though removing plugs is a bit of a pain. Turned out decent...consistent compression, leak down on one cylinder a little high (14%) but not that bad for a built engine that had also cooled almost 2 hrs dice compressor broke and had to go borrow another. I'm going to retest the one cylinder some other time. Also the engine builder said to definitely said I should use higher perf oil and 5w40...had switched to some 5w30 Platinum just to try it...

Rotella 5W-40, Mobil 1 0W-40, or Castrol 0W-30 (closer to 0w-40 when tested) are the options you should look into. I switch between the three depending on time of year and what's on sale, the UOA's come back great on all of them.

On a more Tennessee related note, anyone up for a Dragon Run?

Thanks all. I'm giving Castrol 5w40 a try...will probably go with Motul if that doesn't work though have heard god things on Castrol 0w30.

On a side note...

Stock wheels for sale:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-tn-stock-2005-lgt-wheels-nashville-area-215164.html

I have another set of stock I may be selling in a couple of months too...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
They have a 05 BSM GT LTD MT Wagon listed on Cars.com. Mileage is right around 100k so it's going to need the timing belt and possibly water / oil pumps. Probably struts, definitely all new fluids. Carfax is favorable. I just need someone to give a good lookin at since i'm 300 miles away. I'm planning on calling and putting a deposit tomorrow to at least hold it until I get more information about it and go in person. Unfortunately there are not photos to be found so that is a bit concerning. If you don't mind running by there in the next day or so I'll shoot you some cash on PayPal for your time.

Big thanks to lockmedic for checking the car out for me. Real stand up guy would't even let me send money for his time or gas. Pending good compression test I'm going to buy it this week. I'm very excited to rejoin the Subaru community.

2005 BSM Legacy GT Limited 5mt

spotted a swp 06? LGT with hids in downtown nashkille today.

sure it wasn't an 08? that's me :lol: nah but if it was lowered it was definitely me. there aren't any other SWP with HID's (That I've seen) and I drive downtown daily. I hope I'm wrong, cause I would love to see another SWP that loves their car.

Archived