VIN - 1004851

Member - walt77

Color - Steel Silver Metallic

Build Date - 09/11

Delivery Date - 02/12

Location - QC, Canada

Mod Level - Stage 2 on KW's

:hide:

Are you in the Ste-Dorothée area? I had seen a silver one pass by as I was waiting for the light to change.

Edited by sw686blue

VIN - 1004851

Member - walt77

Color - Steel Silver Metallic

Build Date - 09/11

Delivery Date - 02/12

Location - QC, Canada

Was SSM available in Canada for the 2012? Was not in the US (got replaced by ISM)

I think you are all right! It's Ice Silver Metallic and not SSM. My bad.

VIN - 1004851

Member - walt77

Color - Ice Silver Metallic

Build Date - 09/11

Delivery Date - 02/12

Location - QC, Canada

Are you in the Ste-Dorothée area? I had seen a silver one pass by as I was waiting for the light to change.

Nope; I'm on the south shore.

I'm glad to see that some LGT's are getting modded in Quebec :) My stage 2 was done on Lachute dyno!

I got to thinking, it would be pretty cool it all 227 of the Legacy GT got together for a drive wouldn't that be some sort of a record? Every production car in that lineup... granted, I do realize it would leave the 2010 and 2011 GTs out, but it was a good thought. Ok time to get off the toilet and do something constructive or sleep.

I got to thinking, it would be pretty cool it all 227 of the Legacy GT got together for a drive wouldn't that be some sort of a record? Every production car in that lineup... granted, I do realize it would leave the 2010 and 2011 GTs out, but it was a good thought. Ok time to get off the toilet and do something constructive or sleep.

What would happen if someone near a majority of the LGTs set something up with, say, a year in advance..... Get maybe a big contributor on this site to host.... I'd drive. Hell, call up Bryan with RacerX and all show up and BBQ at his place! He's got a bit of land - bring tents! :lol:

What would happen if someone near a majority of the LGTs set something up with, say, a year in advance..... Get maybe a big contributor on this site to host.... I'd drive. Hell, call up Bryan with RacerX and all show up and BBQ at his place! He's got a bit of land - bring tents! :lol:

I'd drive down.. literally from Canada.. I'll bring the Maple Syrup!!! and non-pasteurized cheese. :p

• 2 months later...
Wow, another 5gen GT up here in Alaska!! Where are you located? I have been in Anchorage since July and haven't seen another one yet. I had been wondering if there were any others up here.

Live in the valley and work in anchorage like many.

I bought this used in August with 7.5k on it (18k now)

Belonged to a corp (executive car) before I bought it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

davidbush05

GGM

9/27/11

11/5/13

Lafayette, Indiana

Stage 0

I work at SIA (Subaru of Indiana Automotive) and this LGT was originally build as a company vehicle for an upper level manager. Once or twice a year the company offers a lottery where you can enter your name into a drawing and if chosen for a vehicle you then have five days to purchase (at a predetermined price) the car or decline your option. They had three LGTs up for auction, 2010 Limited GGM, 2012 GGM, 2012 ISM. I didn't think I had a chance at being picked but I threw my name in the hat at the last minute and was picked for the 2010. Come to find out only 3 people out of 3000+ employees put in for the auction. After considering my options I declined the 2010 and told the SIA rep dealing with the sale that if either of the 2012's became available to let me know. The GGM came calling the next day and with an extra set of factory rims (with some rash) wrapped with Blizzak tires (looking unused) stuffed in the car I figured what the heck, it's a good deal and took it. Working in the Engine Department I knew just how rare these 2012 LGTs were. In this last run we were already producing the AR18 so most of (especially the later prod. date) EJ25s were actually shipped to us preassembled from Japan. From there we married them to the transmission, added some other bits and pieces including the low mounted turbo manifold, and sent them out to chassis and trim to become what we all drive now.

These are great cars and like most of you here, I'm so sad that they are the last of the turbo charged Leggys offered to the USDM. I'm glad to be apart of the owners family. Now she just needs better suspension, transmission, brakes, exhaust and a 100 extra whp or so would be nice! -drb

Thanks David! And congrats! Thats a fantastic story!! It would really be great to get a huge group of 5th Gen LGTs together in Indiana, especially if SOA decides to bring back a GT model. It could really show them that there is a very commited fan base for this model.

Sweet. When do er expect another LGT? 2016?

davidbush05

GGM

9/27/11

11/5/13

Lafayette, Indiana

Stage 0

I work at SIA (Subaru of Indiana Automotive) and this LGT was originally build as a company vehicle for an upper level manager. Once or twice a year the company offers a lottery where you can enter your name into a drawing and if chosen for a vehicle you then have five days to purchase (at a predetermined price) the car or decline your option. They had three LGTs up for auction, 2010 Limited GGM, 2012 GGM, 2012 ISM. I didn't think I had a chance at being picked but I threw my name in the hat at the last minute and was picked for the 2010. Come to find out only 3 people out of 3000+ employees put in for the auction. After considering my options I declined the 2010 and told the SIA rep dealing with the sale that if either of the 2012's became available to let me know. The GGM came calling the next day and with an extra set of factory rims (with some rash) wrapped with Blizzak tires (looking unused) stuffed in the car I figured what the heck, it's a good deal and took it. Working in the Engine Department I knew just how rare these 2012 LGTs were. In this last run we were already producing the AR18 so most of (especially the later prod. date) EJ25s were actually shipped to us preassembled from Japan. From there we married them to the transmission, added some other bits and pieces including the low mounted turbo manifold, and sent them out to chassis and trim to become what we all drive now.

These are great cars and like most of you here, I'm so sad that they are the last of the turbo charged Leggys offered to the USDM. I'm glad to be apart of the owners family. Now she just needs better suspension, transmission, brakes, exhaust and a 100 extra whp or so would be nice! -drb