LegacyGT.com

Mountain Biking

Hey I've got that same bike, picked it up last fall and absolutely love it! Done any upgrades?

Not yet only been out 3 times so far this year. Weather here has been horrible. Def getting new bars, dropper post and making it a 2x10. I love the bike though. It just moves so smooth through the single tracks..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea I threw wider bars and a shorter stem on it, definitely picked up some confidence on the DH sections. I would like a dropper too but most the money goes towards the car haha. A lot of the trails I ride though are a big climb followed by a big descent, so a dropper isn't crucial. Super fun bike though.

Had a bit of time today so I did some work on the new whip. Put my easton flats back on it. Replaced the s-works CF bar with my deity dirty 30. replaced the easton stem, which looked like a 90mm with a raceface 50mm stubby and swapped out the seat for my trek seat which I like a lot more. I'm going to be picking up a giant dropper post for the seat tonight which should be a lot better on the dh and dirt tracks around here.

After all that work I took it out for a ride. It was interesting... I need to dial in the suspension more (I did a little bit already) but for the most part it was nice. The `brain' technology is trippy, one minute you're hitting bumps and the next on a steady pedal the bike feels like a stiffy with no suspension at all. I found that going up big rocks, then onto a steep climb from the flats it was pretty amazing, out of no where all power to the wheel and easily fly up the hill

Winning the internet

I also gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed with the sram x-o shifters, I've never had a pick just snap into gear so quick with almost no effort.

Winning the internet

I ordered one of these. I found a few listed on CL locally, however the price wasn't all that great and at least with the new one I have warranty for when the air spring fails =) http://kssuspension.com/products/seatposts/lev-3

I'll have to shoot a picture of the bike all finished, it's a pretty aggressive setup, which is great for the kind of riding I do =)

Winning the internet

That's a nice dropper, it would be a cold day in hell if I found one of them on cl around here. Please post up your thoughts on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah will do. I suspect I'll enjoy it a lot.

Winning the internet

Once you get the hang of the dropper you'll wonder how you ever rode without one:).

I actually already wonder that. My ride yesterday I was was thinking

Man I could have hit that bump a lot bigger if this seat wasn't so far up

Really excited to get it.

Winning the internet

got the dropper. installed it today however I cut my palm pretty good while slicing the cable, so it'll be a few days before I can really evaluate how much I like it.

Winning the internet

I bought cable/line cutters meant for bike stuff... sure it cost a fortune because it's from Park, but damn does it work well.

Yep I bought the AK37 Parktool toolbox about 5 years ago. I am glad I did :).

Yeah bike slid away from me while I had the cable in my hands, just as I snipped it the cable pushed further into my palm, next thing I know lower palm near thumb is bleeding =) Seems to be healing up pretty good.

Winning the internet

I am going to have to pull my pig out of the dark basement and see what she needs before I flog her this weekend.

With the expected arrival and actual arrival of the baby I have not had a chance to even look at my bike. I did quit smoking so that might makeup for my lack of legs? :lol::lol::lol:

Cable cutters are cable cutters =) What I really needed was to lock the bike into a stand and hold it steady =)

You should look into the feedback sport bike stand like this one http://www.backcountry.com/feedback-sports-sport-mechanic-bicycle-repair-stand?CMP_SKU=USS0006&MER=0406&skid=USS0006-ONECOL-ONESIZ&CMP_ID=PLA_GOt001&mv_pc=r101&mr:trackingCode=F90E18EF-E0CE-E211-AFFE-BC305BF82376&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=t&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=46794422625&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=68396522505&mkwid=sqZT17OMV_dt|pcrid|46794422625&gclid=CLawntWkm74CFVJnOgodc3oAHA. They are affordable and of great quality. I've been using one for the past five years and it's been awesome.