LegacyGT.com

Rumors on the 06 Legacy GT

j255c

Rumor has it that Subaru did something about the up-pipe w/ the cat for the 06 models. Either they removed the cat or did something to make it safer for the turbos life. Has anyone else heard such a rumor?
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There had been a news item under "Latest News" (I say 'had' because it's since been removed) on Subaru.com that stated the Legacy GT (at least in wagon form) was no more. This first appeared on August 3rd. It also said the MT was not going to be part of the GT Pkg. on the Ltd Wagon, only on the 4-door GT Ltd.

Wonder if anyone has something definitive on this? Kinda weird that it was on their site as recently as Saturday, but today it's gone. Could it be that Fuji is rethinking their strategy on not allowing the manual on wagons? I sure hope so...

haven't heard a word about a change of heart from corporate Subaru. as far as I know, the MT wagon GT is gone after '05. funny thing is, that I've mentioned it to about a half dozen different salespeople and a couple of different dealerships...and not a one knew about it. And their reaction was something like....well, people who buy the wagon generally have kids and don't need the sporty manual tranny. WHAT A BUNCH OF CLOWNS! They should be selling Hondas.

The secondary air pump doesn't rob any power and operates only at cold starts for a few minutes.

It is the same system used in the new Forester http://www.subaru.co.za/templates/company/news2.asp?nID=50CCEB16-00E6-43BF-81FE-544741D0864D :

A number of internal and external components have also been lightened.

A new emission control device has been added in a secondary air pump. This device recirculates the unburned fuel in the exhaust port of the cylinder head, and pumps it back into the engine, to reduce the hydrocarbons when the engine is cold. The 06MY Forester now compiles with Euro 3 emission regulations.

I keed I keeed

my next question would be... well then would subaru care if i got an aftermarket catless up-pipe?

your next question should probably be, how much improvement would an aftermarket catless uppipe have over the stock catless one ?

I think the only improvement will be in flow if and only if the stock one is too restrictive flow-wise and even then if the aftermarket uppipe is less restrictive, it may actually delay turbo spool-up since there is less exhaust pressure.

I keed I keeed

I have NO IDEA how this will effect the power. However, I know many manufacturers 1st year production is the fastest to get everyones attention (magazine testing) and later they are detuned for reliability etc. Naturally the down side of 1st year is the bugs. Take your pick.

Again, not saying this with the pipe, but since people have started to hunt for speed It seemed appropriate.

This is very common practice with cars but also snowmobiles (ie F7, SX700, PH 480, Vmax 600)

I have NO IDEA how this will effect the power. However, I know many manufacturers 1st year production is the fastest to get everyones attention (magazine testing) and later they are detuned for reliability etc. Naturally the down side of 1st year is the bugs. Take your pick.

Again, not saying this with the pipe, but since people have started to hunt for speed It seemed appropriate.

This is very common practice with cars but also snowmobiles (ie F7, SX700, PH 480, Vmax 600)

i wasn't new in '05....it's been around since '03.....Asia.

Next I would like to know if an 06 catless UP will fit my 05 and would they instal it, and at what cost?

don't forget the air pump.

i doubt the '06 Up pipe is as good as some of the aftermarket ones out there. i hear the stock STI Up Pipe isn't that smooth.

I know many manufacturers 1st year production is the fastest to get everyones attention (magazine testing) and later they are detuned for reliability etc.

How do you explain the GTO and Z06? Both got extra power in the second production year.

Archived