LegacyGT.com

"Chef Os" 2008 Legacy GT build

Shes a beauty...talk about quick shipping from steamspeed...thanks Christian and Sam for taking care of me...im a very happy customer...cant wait to hear her scream now installing STX71 vs STX67

Wait... are you trying out both turbos on your car?

The STX67 and STX71?

Or did you replace the STX67 with the STX71?

Was thinking of picking up the STX67 + but what made you think of trying the 71?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

67 had fitment issues as the chargeside was blocked by the pcv valve/sensor that couldn't be relocated...when i made the purchase i asked if there were any fitment issues and if i needed any special parts to make for smooth install...sure enough they said it was a straight up install...but with the issues i had, Christian was kind enough to get hold of me asap to solve my forment issue...the fix was the uppipe to turbo flange thats a 1/4 inch thick with longer studs but i went ahead and asked if i can just return the 67 and get lgt stlye turbo and just get the 71...steamspeed accepted and made me a happy camper...i really wanted the 67 for a more streetable turbo but i didnt want to wrench any more on my car and settle for the 71...we shall see what she does this saturday....im happy with the customer service that christian provided...sam and christian are great to deal with...top notch customer service...im still glad i went with steamspeed...

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Got her tuned...unfortunately i will have to finish with etune om same mustang dyno as there were issues with wastegate actuator/arm...we thought it was the 3port ebcs and tried a manual boost controller adjusting it and still same results...hitting 12 psi...then made adjustments to the actuator and still same results...it does have a .8 bar spring...maybe the 1.2 bar spring could help? But with same results after adjusting actuator...not worth installing it...i may just end up looking for a grimmspeed ewg uppipe setup

ill take this for now and be happy that she is healthy...this was on a mustang with .9 correction factor

uploadfromtaptalk1429993301630.thumb.jpg.185528be0beca69a387171c18915e035.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

• 3 weeks later...
Got my coated Grimmspeed uppipe, grimmspeed IWG adj. bracket and Turbosmart 40mm 14psi compgate(arrives monday, in transit) from Msprank...gotta love that discount code

and @chefo.soriano

• 4 months later...

I know its been a while since I updated...been crazy busy with relocating etc ect...

Best I can do until I decide on a tuner out here is this virtual dyno plot ;)

Stage 2 plot included for comparison

STiMikeyTunedLGT.thumb.jpg.4034c2d752b0bb96f8d08c72594db96e.jpg

3071legacygtdyno.jpg.2ebe406505b18d1f4148103dae829550.jpg

Edited by tocinoman25

and @chefo.soriano

Im thinking the 5 speed is happier now lol...but i did ask a few members about td06sl2 18g and that seems to be more of my ideal powerband. I dont have any regrets since steamspeed was not really heard of...but xluben had the stx71 and said it was decent. There is definitely room to grow should i pull trigger on a built shortblock. I originally wanted the stx67 but wasnt available in lgt flange and i was staying top mount. Hopefully they will make a 67+ lgt flange and ill probably get it or the kinugawa and consider 1.5xtr and go front mount?

Sent from outer space

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Collected more parts as she reaches 105k miles its time to change out suspension bits with these goodies

*Whiteline KTA124 Rear Control Arm

*Mevotech Aluminum LCA

*Koni Yellow Inserts w/ Tein Htechs

*KYB tophats

(*Free Range silicone BPV hose)

Soon to do e85 tune since 91 sucks

Still plan on built shortblock down the line. Goals for 400+ DD is inching closer. 3db4d025d7f5c1b6eb87f35637e56cec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by tocinoman25

and @chefo.soriano

• 4 years later...