LegacyGT.com

"Chef Os" 2008 Legacy GT build

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit cheesey, but SOA sent my fiance and I a letter for participating in the record attempt to break the Guinness World Records...Chicago REPRESENT and Midwest BABY!! lol

worlrecord2.jpg.492869884ffbcf48b0edd755145f50b2.jpg

Edited by tocinoman25
added the wifey

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

At last...FINALLY had another day off and without it being 90 degrees today, I installed the (msprank GB many moons ago) Hotchkis Rear Swaybar, Kartboy Endlinks, and AVO reinforced brackets...always exciting to install these parts and not pay for labor...slowly but surely my "DIRTY PENNY" is getting dirtier :lol:

Took her around the block and feels like a new car...no clinking, nice and stiff, noticeable with a lot less roll

RSB1.jpg.2c90653b7282b3c6e75efc386f2e17d4.jpg

RSB2.jpg.32abd5500f95618089da66ceb0405d22.jpg

RSB3.jpg.6ed6b84786ea22ba34428345ecd8d1ba.jpg

RSB4.jpg.1c7dbeae62b0aca63adf0aca8c8a6d70.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 month later...

Went ahead and coated my Perrin ELH with VHT primer and then some flat black...protecting these pipes for our awesome chicago winters

Masking off the area was pretty easy...happy with the results...just touched it up in a few spots after taking off the masked area and 3 coats did the job!

1733630461_ceramicELH.jpg.d087d46864597baa72f78f2458e5caa4.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 months later...
Gotta share the donuts and whore her out lol...9 months on the STI Mikey/Phatbotti tune and loving every moment of it! Next plan is to start collecting parts for my BNR18G or 20G setup...still torn between the 2...although 18G is what im leaning more towards to...Enjoy the pics...FRESHLY MADE just for you!

donut1.jpg.bbbd0359b9950972e22ecbc4fd441f2f.jpg

donut4.jpg.85e03c0e2e7013b60b2815d5d9ce523e.jpg

donut6.jpg.c2fe84a61d481aecb978c8b3ede874c5.jpg

donut5.jpg.6880e28d591cc2be7afc3bdd576f541a.jpg

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 month later...

I just may pull the trigger on this snail!!

Couldnt decide between HTA68, 18G, or 20G...this looks like a winner!!

http://6starspeed.com/02wrx04babet.html

The SS-18GXR Ball Bearing Billet compressor wheel bolt-on turbo has at it's core a Garrett cartridge, billet 18G compressor wheel and TD06SL2 8 cm turbine and housing. Each turbo comes complete with water and oil pipes, braided oil line, fittings and gaskets. Full port and polish is also a feature of this turbo.

Capable of 340+WHP this turbo combines the output of a high flow turbo with the quick spool of a smaller turbo. Perfect for your 300+ WHP 2.5 liter or modified 2.0 liter engine project.

Each SS-18GXR Turbo features the following:

*Full ball bearing Garrett/MHI hybrid TD06SL2 CHRA

*TD06SL2 8 cm turbine and housing.

*Our proprietary custom milled 11-blade 18G billet compressor wheel with extended tips (44 lb/min)

*Full port and polish

*Powder coated compressor housing

*Braided stainless steel Teflon oil and water lines

*11 psi wastegate standard

*Compressor housing for 08+ WRX and Legacy GT now available

*Limited 2-year warranty

Turbochargers are made to order. Average time to ship is 2 weeks with a maximum of 3 weeks. Customer will be contacted regarding delivery.

and @chefo.soriano

• 11 months later...

It will be 2 years this April that I have been on stage 2 and contemplating what turbo to get. Looking at plot after plot and PMing members and getting feedback. Thanks all for your input. Came down to BNR 18g, Kinugawa TD06sl2 18g, Blouch 18gxt. Then a good buddy of mine told me that Steamspeed is having a groupbuy on the STX 67. Took a look at the feedback on the STX71 and other line of turbos and plots do look good I must say and there are some happy customers. Besides, most parts I got on this car was because of Groupbuys...so why not on the turbo?

Goals: push stock block and eventually build shortblock in a year or 2 or 3 lol

Possibly do a 6 speed swap one day, if no kids with the wifey.

Would like to do an autox event and will make it to drag strip.

Make max boost sub 4k rpms, make max torque near 4k rpm because 5 speed

Linear powerband, daily driven

Hopefully with my mods, these goals will be met...

Tuning with STi Mikey April 25th...will keep you posted!

STX 67, CobbAPv3, ID1000s, DW65c, Perrin ELH, Invidia catless DP/Q300, GS TMIC, GS 3port ebcs, ks tech 73mm intake, GFV BPV, perrin 2.4 inlet 93 octane Group N motor and trans mounts, hotchkis sways, kartboy endlinks, avo reinforced rear brackets, cusco rear strut bar, avo short throw, momo knob, rallitek shifter bushings, avo trans bushings

Still deciding on clutch, i do have an 11 wrx smfw

Thats about it for now...i think...it never ends:rolleyes:

So much for keeping the car stock!!! lol

Edited by tocinoman25

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
After 500 miles on the southbend stage 3 daily clutch the pedal feel is definitley similar to oem pedal feel...paired with the smfw rev matching took a little getting used to. The blast plates definitely makes the shifts crisp and you get to hear the gears whining alot especially coasting ...so far so good...turbo and injectors go in this weekend and debating if i should install my saikou michi dual catch cans since its tight with the GS tmic...

and @chefo.soriano

Shes a beauty...talk about quick shipping from steamspeed...thanks Christian and Sam for taking care of me...im a very happy customer...cant wait to hear her scream now installing STX71 vs STX67

uploadfromtaptalk1428530641881.thumb.jpg.8698f8b33c4ed0a750f8018338858189.jpg

Edited by tocinoman25

and @chefo.soriano

I will write a quick review on those thinking of getting blast plates/APM Tuned Transmission Reinforcement Braces for your 5 speed! I would highly recommend them, after installing them with my new clutch, 600 miles later, I am in love with my car all over again. These APM Tuned Braces/Plates makes shifting a breeze, super crisp and a slight increase in noise, you get to hear your gears working, nothing like hearing that racecar whine...I never thought to buy or visit another mechanic/performance shop, but I was referred to check it out and ive been to this shop over a half dozen times already. Mark and staff are great to deal with...go get your APM Tuned Transmission Reinforcement Plates asap...

APM2.jpg.0022457a531edffa5bbed3a4a94c94e5.jpg

APM1.thumb.jpg.8f91fbbc6379fb7d0f2203a48e83f3e3.jpg

and @chefo.soriano