LegacyGT.com

Need nutrition smarts!!!

Dr Layne Norton. Look up his video blog. Mini, I post a lot of his info on my page. The myth of eating egg yolks is a myth. Eat the whole damn egg.

But agree with c-lo. You need to cook all your foods and either freeze or portion out for quick meals. I made 2 lbs of white chicken breast (organic cage free), 2 lbs broccoli slaw, shiritaki noodles in yellow curry. Split that up into 2 days. Try and make as much of your own food as you can, not buy it premade or fast food.

My immediate post workout is usually a protein shake with some carbs (sugar spike, my excuse for sweets), followed by my mega veggie meal with about 20-30 g lean protein and fats. I like to stick to a 40:40:20 rule as much as possible. Majority of my carbs from greens. Casein protein before bed for a longer lasting break down.

Keep lifting weights. If you do cardio/running do sprints and HIIT. Losing weight isn't the same as losing fat. But you know that already. c-lo, agree?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

food science is constantly changing with new studies and research. freaking love this shyte! If your doc doesn't stay up on nutrition and food/diet science, they are basing their knowledge on outdated material.

I had this exact conversation with a client this morning. her Primary Care Physician told her to eat 800 calories per day and 45 mins of cardio.... Um... NO. WTF!?! He's a frickin doctor and telling her this nonsense.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

food science is constantly changing with new studies and research. freaking love this shyte! If your doc doesn't stay up on nutrition and food/diet science, they are basing their knowledge on outdated material.

I had this exact conversation with a client this morning. her Primary Care Physician told her to eat 800 calories per day and 45 mins of cardio.... Um... NO. WTF!?! He's a frickin doctor and telling her this nonsense.

I can't believe how many people still believe that burn more calories than you consume nonsense.

I'm no fitness guru or anything, but I personally aim for 4-5 meals per day. Whether cutting or bulking, you can adjust your caloric intake accordingly but I think it's vital to keep the portions reasonable at all times. General rule of thumb is: no sugar/processed food, drink tons of water, and eat lots of veggies. You can throw a cheat day once per week if need be.

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wa) is very nutritious and, while not a whole grain (it's actually a seed), it has more protein than all of the whole grains. Lot's of alternatives for this item, cold, warm and hot.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived