LegacyGT.com

Need nutrition smarts!!!

I switch off muscle groups throughout the week with weights. I always start with a 10 minute run then lift for 40 minutes then finish with another 10 minute run. I don't focus on the distance I run just the amount of time I'm running. So I have various weight trainings 6 days a week. 5 days I'm going through the various muscle groups not lifting heavy but the 6th day I'll do a heavy lifting day and focus mostly on bench and back on that day as I need to be able to do a damn pull-up unassisted. :lol:

Currently i will eat something like a can of tuna out of the can mixed with peas and carrots. I'd just like some more options for fairly quick post work-out meals.

quick like not eating at home quick? opposed to a protein shake?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

You should compare the cost of protein powder to raw food. If your goal is muscle development a good rule o thumb is 1g protein for each pound of body weight. It's tough for me to consume 160g of protein in raw food so I get the delicious shakes from Optimun Nutrition.

Another thing to consider if you're trying to put on muscle is that cardio has been shown to slow down muscle growth. I've found boxing is a great way to work up a sweat while still working on strength.

BUT to answer your actual question a chicken burrito is nice and easy and you can pack that with protein. Or a good old fashioned sandwich stacked with turkey. Egg white omelets are always a good option too.

The goals I have are to shed weight. The point of the strength training is to just have more muscle groups burning fat for energy and thus helping with the process of taking the weight off more.

my daily eating during all of this is between 1500-1800 calories per day. No sugar's unless they are from fruits, protein for every meal of some type and a fruit/nut/veggie.

By quick food I mean just things that I don't have to cook for 30 minutes after a workout, something that I can just come back home from the gym and put together in like 5-10 minutes at home. I tried canned chicken but whatever they put it in for a preservative it takes just like the tuna does. I guess that's why its the "chicken of the sea" :lol:

Go to the health food store and get some evol frozen burritos. Or naanwiches.

I had a ton of success losing weight with just running have you tried that? You could try doing a half hour or 45 minute run at higher intensity. Plus when you run that long you get a badass runners high

Eat whole eggs, not egg whites

unless you know the persons health history, statements like this are ill advised. ie...high cholestrol

MINISti consider making your meals on the weekend and packaging them up in ready to eat containers. Grilled/broiled chicken/fish and veggies for instance. salads with lots of greens and chicken/fish is another suggestion.

protein shakes are great if you go for a low cal one. (again since you are trying to shed weight.) vs a gainer shake.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Go to the health food store and get some evol frozen burritos. Or naanwiches.

I had a ton of success losing weight with just running have you tried that? You could try doing a half hour or 45 minute run at higher intensity. Plus when you run that long you get a badass runners high

sodium content in those is a bit high: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-O_SKGrPL7EdnlTVnZ3U1BRSTA/edit?pli=1

again I'd recommend cooking in advanced over frozen

unless you know the persons health history, statements like this are ill advised. ie...high cholestrol

Whole eggs are actually beneficial to cholesterol levels when you take into account total LDL vs total HDL.

you tell that to my cardiologist. I've got great numbers but he still doesn't want me eating whole eggs.

tell your cardiologist to stay current with medical studies.

I say that with all seriousness, after dating a bunch of women in the medical field, it's insane the stories I hear about doctors who do not stay current on the latest news and studies and give medical advice that has been out of date for 10 or more years.

regular doctors? I'm not surprised. I hear some crazy shit from people I work with. mine is current.

I'm going back to see him in a couple weeks for my over due yearly check up. if I remember I'll ask him again and see what he says;)

Archived