LegacyGT.com

An 09 OBXT DBM Photo Journal

FutureFicus

OB2.5XT pointed your car out to me.

saw you in passing a month ago, i think we were going opposite ways on brotherhood or sunset.

might have to pick you guys' brains later if i want to drop my car. Even though lowered looks so niiice, i do love my stock ride height.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OB2.5XT pointed your car out to me.

saw you in passing a month ago, i think we were going opposite ways on brotherhood or sunset.

might have to pick you guys' brains later if i want to drop my car. Even though lowered looks so niiice, i do love my stock ride height.

Right on! Yeah in the neighborhood around those streets. I'm on KW V2's but I'm in the process of moving to legacy struts and Koni inserts. Hit me up if you want to test ride with V2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not so much concerned with the ride really, just the convenience of not having to jack the car up for oil changes and not scraping the front bumper when parking vertically hahah.

but ill be sure to hit you up if i ever decide to do it! thanks man! whats wrong with the KWs to warrant a change for you?

i think if i had a n/a outback i would be more inclined to lower as there will be no high maintenance turbo to keep happy.

whats the ground clearance on you guys' car in the front? i can fit under my wifes 2001 corolla without ramps and do an oil change just fine so maybe lowering a bit on my car wont hurt.

• 9 months later...

It's been a while since I've posted in my own build log. Installed a tablet.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/08/9e10d95fdfc018803bc3844806e634e5.jpg

-Nexus 7 2013 Wifi only, rooted

-JDM Navigation housing (Not a perfect fit, good enough for me though)

-Timur's Kernal

-USB DAC

-32GB SD Flashdrive

-iSimple Gateway (to utilize the SAT button and direct audio line in, not sure I like it, might stick to the Bluetooth audio I have set to the AUX button)

-OTG cable

-Tactrix 2.0 Openport.

-BtSsm

• 3 weeks later...
dude that is cool! where do i find such tutorial? im curious how all those gauges get update too?

That is my next install! You have the setup on youtube don't you?

how did you mount it?

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

I followed other's guides, I'll see if I I can find the post I made on the BTSsm thread with he build links. Here you go.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5182458

I know what YouTube vid you're talking about, but it was not me. I was inspired from it too though.

Mounting it I used a couple L brackets I picked up from Home Depot and attached it with Velcro. This allows me to take it out whenever I want to make some changes to the tablet. Much easier than sitting in my car to work on it.

Edited by FutureFicus

• 5 months later...

What are your alignment specs with those wheels? Do you get minor rub on the inner front fender liner at low speeds + full lock?

According to willtheyfit.com those rims stick out about 1.5 inches in the front. Does that make it look like they poke at all?

Basically I want to fit something similar and curious exactly how it will look.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated first post with the arrival of my outback on Oahu.

What are your alignment specs with those wheels? Do you get minor rub on the inner front fender liner at low speeds + full lock?

According to willtheyfit.com those rims stick out about 1.5 inches in the front. Does that make it look like they poke at all?

Basically I want to fit something similar and curious exactly how it will look.

Sorry I haven't been able to respond until now.

I'll have to continue looking for my alignment sheet, misplaced it somewhere and thought I had scan it in. It doesn't rub on lock to lock. I did trim some of the fender liner where it meets the inner fender lip. I had to do a minor roll at the rear, did it myself and figured any mistakes would be hidden by the flares. At the moment I do get some minor rub when going over major dips at speed. It isn't jarring , more like a light hiss. Might poke around and see where I can level out the underside of the fender liner.

I'd say it's nearly 100% flush maybe with a very slight hint of poke at the front, I'd say flush enough. I'll try get you some close up photos. Also, I think the slightest of poke would be determined with the tire brand and camber settings.

Do it haha

• 4 months later...
Great looking wagon man. I wanted to confirm something with you. Are you using GT strut housings or outback housings with the Koni inserts?

Thanks! Using Legacy strut housing with Koni inserts and legacy gt springs with 3/4 rear spacers. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently refreshing bushing bits and exterior aesthetics.

Parts to be installed in the next couple weeks:

- Mevotech Aluminum Control Arms

- Whiteline KCA334 Control Arm Bushing

- Whiteline KDT903 Rear Differential Mount Bushing

- Firehawk Indy 500 235/40/18

Currently trying to push the buy button following parts

- Lightweight crank pulley

- Pitch stop mount (thought I had ordered one when I had my engine rebuilt)

- Cadillac ATS Brembos

NMLnvY.jpg

I've been due for a new set of rubber, was reminded when woke up to a flat last week.

I've been running 245/45/18 but wanted to give Legacy sized tires a try. Was also hoping to pick up a new set of wheels, really like the look of Eivind's White Turbomacs. Tried to pick up a set during their spring sale, but shipping to Hawaii was $500, just a benjamin shy of the actual cost of the 4 wheels! By the time I sorted out a way to get them here that was reasonable (yay for a family member's employee discount!) they went out of stock, bummer.

CiBk3a.jpg

I've been wanting to put a set of driving lights and want to mount it directly to inset top portion of the hood where the chrome top grill piece mounts to. I've see the current options with the SSD bar and Rally Innovations type aesthetically like the look of it mounted directly to the hood or bumper top.

Also pick up a couple of these mounts to test out, but assuming it won't be strong or rigid enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FPPRK3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ST6N3G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Outback's been neglected...

Edited by FutureFicus
Tire size was wrong

How do you like the general drivability with Legacy-sized tires with an Outback final drive? That's the only reason I've been hesitant to lower mine and swap to smaller tires. Highway revs are already bad as it is.

How do you like the general drivability with Legacy-sized tires with an Outback final drive? That's the only reason I've been hesitant to lower mine and swap to smaller tires. Highway revs are already bad as it is.

I’m curious about this too! I’ll get you an update once they arrive next week! Oahu isn’t much of a problem though, since are posted freeway limits around town are 45-55MPH, but you’ll be driving much slower than that on your daily commute.

• 2 weeks later...

WF9Alf.jpg

qT6nZD.jpg

Tires arrived last week and was finally able to get them installed last Friday. Also, ruined my front lip coming off the flatbed. Looking to pick up some conveyor belt material now.

Firehawk Indy 500 235/40/18. Downsized Outback sized tires 245/45/18. So far I'm liking the feel of these tires much more than the Hankook Evo2 V12. I'm sure a lot of it comes from the sidewall height and a bit more tire stretch. Feels much more responsive, more sure footed when cornering and all around much more nimble. I definitely notice the difference in RPM cruising speed because of the difference in final gearing between the Legacy and Outback. It's punchier now and gone is the highway quiet cruising "luxury" refinement it had before. Almost as fun as my old E30 with the 4:10LSD rear. Also, didn't have much of it before, but it seems to be in the RPM droning spot, but then again I've been driving my wife's 2017 Outback and a V6 truck the past two weeks. So far I like and I'm happy.

TL;DR

What I like:

Tire responsiveness and nimbleness.

Thought that visually I'd prefer the meatier 245/45 tire but I think it looks nicer now.

More tire clearance, should I go lower.

Possible downsides depending on your preferences:

Maintaining highway cruising speeds are more of an effort.

More RPM drone, dependent on wagons, exhaust, bushings, etc.

My current mods that might affect the above notes changes:

Group N TransMount & EngineMount

Shifter bushings set

"Hogzaust"

Edited by FutureFicus
added details

WF9Alf.jpg

qT6nZD.jpg

Tires arrived last week and was finally able to get them installed last Friday. Also, ruined my front lip coming off the flatbed. Looking to pick up some conveyor belt material now.

Firehawk Indy 500 235/40/18. Downsized Outback sized tires 245/45/18. So far I'm liking the feel of these tires much more than the Hankook Evo2 V12. I'm sure a lot of it comes from the sidewall height and a bit more tire stretch. Feels much more responsive, more sure footed when cornering and all around much more nimble. I definitely notice the difference in RPM cruising speed because of the difference in final gearing between the Legacy and Outback. It's punchier now and gone is the highway quiet cruising "luxury" refinement it had before. Almost as fun as my old E30 with the 4:10LSD rear. Also, didn't have much of it before, but it seems to be in the RPM droning spot, but then again I've been driving my wife's 2017 Outback and a V6 truck the past two weeks. So far I like and I'm happy.

TL;DR

What I like:

Tire responsiveness and nimbleness.

Thought that visually I'd prefer the meatier 245/45 tire but I think it looks nicer now.

More tire clearance, should I go lower.

Possible downsides depending on your preferences:

Maintaining highway cruising speeds are more of an effort.

More RPM drone, dependent on wagons, exhaust, bushings, etc.

My current mods that might affect the above notes changes:

Group N TransMount & EngineMount

Shifter bushings set

"Hogzaust"

Let's meet up. I wanna pick your brain on all this wheel/rim/lowering business!! =)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk