LegacyGT.com

Dear TA customers, Email us your logs!

Tuning Alliance

Datalogs and customer feedback have been a great asset in the construction of a new system of tuning that will allow for greater quality, safety and predictability. I began testing on fifth generation legacys with extremely good results. I've since spent time on spread sheets to calculate all the primary tables based on a TA master value and the customers requirements. The current goal is to be able map every reasonable setup, for regional pump gases. I then create a folder for each customer with there customized tune inside.

2010-2012 LGT complete!

2007-2009 LGT in process...

2005-2006 LGT complete!

WRX in process...

FXT in proces...

STi in process...

Thus, I would like to invite all my current customers to send in there datalogs. If you map has not been updated in the last 3-4 months, you will very likely get an update. Email: tuningalliance@gmail.com

Also leave your feedback, concerns or ideas below.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

Just want to say I like the new MAP you sent me. On my normal Sunday evening drive back from VT the car read 28.8mpg on the dash readout. Normally on that drive it reads 27.4mpg after the 150 miles drive.

Thanks Mike

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just want to say I like the new MAP you sent me. On my normal Sunday evening drive back from VT the car read 28.8mpg on the dash readout. Normally on that drive it reads 27.4mpg after the 150 miles drive.

Thanks Mike

Awesome!

I will update your other map tonight. Others are missing out by running out of date maps.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Mike

Man, 28mpg?? I WISH I would achieve this. Best I ever achieved so far was 26.9 with a tailwind (and 1 passenger).

btw, Mike I am back on the mainland. I will probably purchase another used OBXT anytime soon. Will contact you to get that car tuned.

Glad to hear your back.

I PM'ed HAMMERDOWN the other day to let him know about new MAPS. Haven't heard back from him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Glad to hear your back.

I PM'ed HAMMERDOWN the other day to let him know about new MAPS. Haven't heard back from him.

thanks man. BTW, just purchased a used OBXT lowered to LGT height with Bilstein shocks and some mods (intercooler, downpipe, catback, clutch, short throw shifter,...). Man that thing pulls and has excellent handling compared to my other OBXT!

Pulled an LV on it while at the dealership. Pretty clean :).

Also ran romraider logger while idling and did not have any (roughness) misfire registered on any cylinders. I should get the car next Tuesday.

Excited!!!

Well I loaded the new MAP Mike sent into my 09 Spec B last Friday night and took the car to Maine for the weekend. On the trip up with CC 74-76mph in S# the car got 27mpg, was very smooth when the turbo spooled, not the hit like the stock map, the car feels very linear, much like my wagon.

Kind of, the GF was with me for both trips, light luggage.

I also noticed the Spec's chrome exhaust tips are still pretty clean after almost 500 miles.

I washed the wagon late last week, cleaned the exhuast tips, it has about 130 miles since cleaning and is still pretty clean. They would carbon up fairly quickly with the previous map. I'll give it a week, may be 500 miles and see what they look like.

I just have to keep saying how much fun it is to drive the wagon. Need to get a DP for the Spec, kind of waiting for the Grimmspeed TMIC to come out.

Just got into VT, filled the tank in Springfield MA. Went I got into town the dash read 27.9mpg it's about 112 miles, CC at 70-73 most of the way up.

The car runs smooth. Did a downshift to 3rd gear to pass two car's just on rt103, car pulls great.

Just got into VT, filled the tank in Springfield MA. Went I got into town the dash read 27.9mpg it's about 112 miles, CC at 70-73 most of the way up.

The car runs smooth. Did a downshift to 3rd gear to pass two car's just on rt103, car pulls great.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Update, now that it's warmer out, the car is very smooth when accelerating between 2000-3000 rpm. Last summer it would have a slight studder. During the cooler temps I didn't notice it much. This new map is very smooth.

• 1 month later...
Glad to hear your back.

Looks like I'm late to this party.

Sorry Max, but never got your PM.

Can't log now, do to my tranny's out & need a new turbo. TOB pull out of the pressure plate & the VF-40 waste gate is all the way to the right & just touches the wall of the housing when fully opened.

Speaking of new a turbo. Mike, can you E-Tune a different turbo? Like VF-52 OEM, BNR-16g or VR40-5R http://www.6starspeed.com/vfrhbabecoup.html

Motor as 249k+, Compression test is solid; http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4833337&postcount=29381

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Sure can! That VF40-5R seems interesting, must be using a borg warner compressor wheel. This makes me happy!

Looks like I'm late to this party.

Sorry Max, but never got your PM.

Can't log now, do to my tranny's out & need a new turbo. TOB pull out of the pressure plate & the VF-40 waste gate is all the way to the right & just touches the wall of the housing when fully opened.

Speaking of new a turbo. Mike, can you E-Tune a different turbo? Like VF-52 OEM, BNR-16g or VR40-5R http://www.6starspeed.com/vfrhbabecoup.html

Motor as 249k+, Compression test is solid; http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4833337&postcount=29381

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mike (HAMMERDOWN), Mike emailed me the latest map for my vf52, I loaded it into my Cobb AP v2 and then into the wagon. That was a few months back. The car is awesome.

That vf40-5r, ballbearing, very nice.

Sure can! That VF40-5R seems interesting, must be using a borg warner compressor wheel. This makes me happy!

That good to here, with everything going on. I just couldn't see me getting to you, for a dyno tune.

Looks like both turbos will max out stock fueling system. I know the VF-52 can be ran on stock fueling, with boost tapering. But unsure about the VF40-5R.

I guess we can dive into the detail when I decide on a replacement turbo.

Thanks Mike, for your time.

Mike (HAMMERDOWN), Mike emailed me the latest map for my vf52, I loaded it into my Cobb AP v2 and then into the wagon. That was a few months back. The car is awesome.

That vf40-5r, ballbearing, very nice.

That good to hear, Max. Just need to make a decision on a turbo.

I'm thinking the VF40-5R is going to require fueling upgrades.

Hey Mike, do you know Amsoil is spelled wrong in your sig.

I would think you'd be fine with stock fueling, my vf52 is happy on stock fueling.

But a fuel pump is only $150.

Archived