LegacyGT.com

Full gasket kit content 10105AA720

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a useful tool. Thanks to all who contributed to the knowledge base.

I got frustrated by having to type each P/N into the online parts order pages, so I created spread sheets of all three of the EJ255 Overhaul Gasket kit from the Opposed Forces Listing (05-06, 07-08, and 09). Yes it was all hand-typed, and yes I did recheck everything as best I could, but I'm not infallible ;):)

After I had done that, I thought *ding, ding*, why not put everything into one place, in one document, so it's all tied together and .pdf it as a ready-reference.

So I did that. Brightened-up the pictures, changed-out the larger photos for larger "numbered' photos, checked my spreadsheets against OPs, and jp233's lists, loaded them into the document. Unfortunately, no matter what I did, I couldn't get it small enough to host here, so I stuck it up on Scooby-Mods, with full attribution.

Great job on this and LMK if I missed anything.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yeah, I am aware that you have provided them in post #28. I even looked at them :). I was just thinking that for future reference, the reader can find most of the relevant info (including these pdf files) in the first post of the thread before reading the whole thread. That's all.

• 1 year later...
Bump

Where does the 4th #3 go? Pretty sure there were only 3 inbetween the block halves.

Is that a trick question ? read the first post, #3, QTY, 3.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bump

Where does the 4th #3 go? Pretty sure there were only 3 inbetween the block halves.

Is that a trick question ? read the first post, #3, QTY, 3.

Not a trick question, the kit actually comes with qty.4 of that o-ring. The kit contents table from the FAST catalog (the white text on black background image) has a typo. The 4th o-ring goes in between the oil pump and the block.

Ok, so I'm confident about it now, but for clarity, some edits:

item #5: 806932030 goes in between the block halves and between the block and oil pump

item #10: 11122AA000 This goes on the oil pan for the oil separator drain back into the pan

item #3 - between the cases and between the block and oil pump

item #10 - goes on the oil pan for the oil separator drain back into the pan

Left #3, Right #10

http://i.imgur.com/j9VXz13.jpg

Edited by Turkeylord
Correction

Alright, so I went and found my old oil pickup, and it had an o ring, not that gasket on it. So after digging around, I think #10 is for the oil separator drain back into the pan. #19 in this picture from the service manual.

http://i.imgur.com/1yD9qDn.jpg

So does that mean #9 is for the pick up? and #26 is for the oil fill tube? Someone else take a look at this as I've gone cross-eyed. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Ok, so I'm confident about it now, but for clarity, some edits:

Left #5, Right #10

http://i.imgur.com/j9VXz13.jpg

But that oring is not #5 its #3 in the OP,and there is 4 of them right?

You are saying its #5, but its #3?

#5 is 806932030 qty1 crankcase o-ring. its red, or orange, or not black (im color blind)