LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Im running 245x45x18.5 STI wheels with my BC/BR coils now, so I would think the RCE would be fine.....

These are 55 offset wheels but I am running a 15mm 100 to 114 adapter spacer so really I am at 40 offset which gives me a bit more room on the inside.

had to roll the fenders a bit as I am just above the tire with my ride height but it looks pretty good.

I could have stayed right at LGT height around 15 inches from hub center to fender edge and it would have been fine.

I am about 14.5 inches.....

Very cool. I'm right near 14.5" now (and would go up if needed for tire fitment). Rolling the fenders wouldn't be a big deal. I'm probably looking to pick up wheels that are 18x8 or 18x8.5 and most likely +45, not really anything out there at +40 that I'm aware of.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

6 speed is probably my favorite mod........

I especially like the STI tranny for the DCCD.

Its amazing if you haven't driven one in a clover leaf :eek:

Its like glue the way it adjusts.

You can dial the scroll wheel in auto mode and you can feel it understeer, then oversteer depending on the setting of the wheel.

Just place it where you want and go go go

In manual mode its like driving a jeep. It just wheel hops and chirps on pavement like its in 4wd low :)

Very cool. I'm right near 14.5" now (and would go up if needed for tire fitment). Rolling the fenders wouldn't be a big deal. I'm probably looking to pick up wheels that are 18x8 or 18x8.5 and most likely +45, not really anything out there at +40 that I'm aware of.

Good thing I have a fender roller as well. Been looking forward to finally using it.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

• Moderators
Cool, if you have any questions PM me.....Ive done a couple of these.

I have the instructions on my laptop if you want them, just send me a PM with your email....

Sweet. I'll send you my email for sure :)

Good thing I have a fender roller as well. Been looking forward to finally using it.

Sweeeeet. You ever done 'em before? There's a local guy that does a ton of em, I think it's about $125 or so.

Sweeeeet. You ever done 'em before? There's a local guy that does a ton of em, I think it's about $125 or so.

Nope, but it isn't rocket surgery. I have a heat gun to keep the paint pliable and everything :)

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Bump. Car has been retuned to account for the 6mt and stage 3 parts are being gathered. I think I have everything except for injectors and headers. Debating on switching to topfeeds and thinking about KillerB headers.

Also, summer wheels and tires will be purchased in the near future...getting a bit warm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
killer b and top feed conversion.....man I love this wagon...

Dave

^^both of those are on hold at the moment! Picked up a set of big tube invidia 1.5 scroll headers with integrate up pipe (swain tech coated) and also a set of DW740 sidefeeds--both were a great price and for now that's what will go on. If I run across some more mod money before doing the work, topfeed conversion is still an option I guess.

I need to lay everything out and make a list / install plan in the near future. Will take some pics of all the parts, lol.

• Moderators
Hey if you guys wouldn't mind, I'd love to just hangout and watch you guys do your thing and lend a hand and maybe learn a thing or two. Barmanbean, I've been dying to see your car anyway :wub:

Just shoot Danteneon a message. Doesn't matter to me, but it's his place and therefore his invite to give!

• Moderators
Updated my "pending installation" list with stage 3, etc. goodies--it's a long list and install should be quite significant :spin:. Should be able to add wheels / tires to the list shortly and I think I'm having my fenders rolled this weekend :)

Archived