BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Stock obxt end links? Any spacers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, Kartboy endlinks. And yeah there are some spacers here-and-there as needed. I couldn't tell you where exactly, but spacer use can be slightly different for everyone.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Same reason as your 6mt?

Lol, you jealous? :p I needed a different clutch and the 6mt was too good a deal to pass up--changing from the outback 4.44 to the 6mt was worth every penny IMO. And hey, at least I didn't add in an LSD--maybe later :)

AOS is running through my mind for a couple reasons:

-Group buy is at 25% off right now

-Will remove the PCV so I won't need to both with that at all

-From what I gather it aides in preventing oil vapors from potentially lowering the octane of the gas in the car, thus preventing the possibility of knock. Anything that prevents knock is a good thing since that's really what kills the motors in these cars.

Aside from the fact that it's about $300, any reason I shouldn't install one? You're the racecar driver after all, I guess the rest of us can't install nice / fun / pointless parts because we only drive on the streets? :spin:

Well the reason the track people don't like the Grimspeed style is several engine failures have been attributed to the AOS siphoning oil into them. From what I understand the Crawford setup doesn't have that problem at all. I briefly considered buying a used one for 225 but realized it would be overkill for my purpose.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• Moderators
I briefly considered buying a used one for 225 but realized it would be overkill for my purpose.

^^This was kind of my perspective as well, but reading a bit more and it seems there are potential benefits even for a daily driver that is tuned for a certain octain and see some spirited driving. I dunno though.

• Moderators
Not to be a dick, but have you checked out the Perrin. It seams very well thought out. I wouldn't dare compare the gs to Crawford.

At a quick glance, the Perrin looks *exactly* the same as the crawford honestly. Who copied who? (doesn't really matter what the answer to that question is though...)

Archived