LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Man, you're having fun huh!

Do you have any extra whiteline LCA bushings laying around :spin:? My OEM ones are shot. Planning to change all of my LCA+front swaybar bushings as well as getting new front endlinks too.

I actually just sold my whiteline LCA bushings. They just weren't at the top of the priority list since the car got new STi replacement bushings in there around 12k miles ago.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
Did you do the work yourself?

Nope--put the car in the shop for the first time for this job. Andrewtech did the work and it was money well spent. The hit it out of the park, got the job done quickly, tackled a couple issues that came up with no issue, and the price wasn't all that bad honestly.

BMB do you have any summary on 6MT swap - sourcing of tranny, cost for the labor, etc in one place anywhere? I guess a lot of info will be in "What did you do today" thread but reading through a million posts is too time consuming.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• I Donated
BMB do you have any summary on 6MT swap - sourcing of tranny, cost for the labor, etc in one place anywhere? I guess a lot of info will be in "What did you do today" thread but reading through a million posts is too time consuming.

6MT master swap thread?

Is it slow-baru, slobber-u (as in drool), or slob-aru (as in we 're damned lucky to see it clean)?

Technically I could steal your plate name (since different state), I just don't know which would be the appropriate interpretation here:

* slow as in stock XT engine (tho not as slow as you think Mister, I think the suspension needs more improving than the engine...but working on that)

* slobber as in the driver lacks advanced hygiene skills (as in, I'm always trying to eat & run, and the Bilsteins ain't that plush) or

*slob (as in I've given up trying to keep an OBP paintjob looking clean for more than 5 minutes, and the mtn bike in the rear keeps losing chunks of dried mud onto the rear rubber mat...and beyond)

:lol:

Anyway, nice car, dude. How about a bumper-to-bumper side view with the doors closed

• Moderators

6MT master swap thread?

Yup, this^ Although I plan on posting up my total costs and whatnot just for reference over there. I got lucky and actually had someone contact me about a wrecked spec.b they had gotten a hold of. It seems that I had first crack at it and I asked for EVERYTHING and got it for what I think was a great price. That said, it's an expensive endeavor no matter how you look at it.

Is it slow-baru, slobber-u (as in drool), or slob-aru (as in we 're damned lucky to see it clean)?

Technically I could steal your plate name (since different state), I just don't know which would be the appropriate interpretation here:

* slow as in stock XT engine (tho not as slow as you think Mister, I think the suspension needs more improving than the engine...but working on that)

* slobber as in the driver lacks advanced hygiene skills (as in, I'm always trying to eat & run, and the Bilsteins ain't that plush) or

*slob (as in I've given up trying to keep an OBP paintjob looking clean for more than 5 minutes, and the mtn bike in the rear keeps losing chunks of dried mud onto the rear rubber mat)

:lol:

Anyway, nice car, dude. How about a bumper-to-bumper side view with the doors closed

All of those apply to me as well :lol: I'll tell you tho', that a LOT of people seem to read it as "Slob, are u?" Even subaru people :confused: I might be looking at getting something different soon and have a couple ideas...

I'll work on getting some updated photos of the car in general--a lot has changed in the last 6 months!

Nope--put the car in the shop for the first time for this job. Andrewtech did the work and it was money well spent. The hit it out of the park, got the job done quickly, tackled a couple issues that came up with no issue, and the price wasn't all that bad honestly.

Looks like a good lil drive from where you live. Did you like their services? I might be moving not far from them...

• Moderators
Looks like a good lil drive from where you live. Did you like their services? I might be moving not far from them...

I hate the idea of putting my car in the shop--too controlling I guess. That said, they did a great job and made me feel at ease. I would go back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
I both love and hate you. So much win in a car. I plan to do some similar things to mine as well, including the STI LCA bushings and now that vent guage maybe with Danteneon's help if I can persuade him ;) . It's awesome to see so many nice Outback XTs so close to me though :icon_mrgr .

I'm finally getting to a point that I'm really happy with the car. The suspension is awesome, the 6mt is awesome, my current stage 2 tune is awesome. Down the road I'm looking at a small turbo upgrade with fuel mods with the ultimate goal of 300WHP, but I'm trying to be patient on that one since it's my daily driver.

Glad to hear of another local OBXT owner. I know Danteneon as well, we should do a little get together / photo shoot sometime :)

• Moderators

Archived