LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Very nice pick up sir!

Off topic, but are you near the Manassas area? The pics look like they were taken at a school near here.

Anyway, looking forward to the build.

I'm close, but not THAT close. Pics were taken close to where I live in Springfield.

That is a clean Outback!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Received my Group N transmission mount today and paid for a grimmspeed EBCS.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
Just the arm rest extension, not the extra box part--I dunno, is that JDM? :lol:

Either way I don't really wanna sell it.

You mean the one with a button? Nah, that's the USDM extension. I have it. I'd rather have the JDM box.

• Moderators
Just got the exact same car two months ago. how do you like that suspension set up? i'd really like to find some jdm rev. c bilsteins from a spec b wagon but as that is a pita i am lookin into other options

I like it. Probably would have gone with konis if I had done it myself, but that's really just because I had done so much research into throwing konis on my LGT. The more research I do into the tokico setup, the more I think I might have them for quite a while.

• Moderators

Installed the Grimmspeed Plate Relocation kit. I think I need to grab the spacer kit to get a bit more adjustability so I can move it where I want it to be--also need to grab a spare tow hook cover so I can drill it out rather than remove it completely.

Picked up a few more things over the last few days as well--morimoto bulbs in 4300k from TRS, Grimmspeed EBCS, lightly used Forge BPV, PLX SM-AFR setup and some random electronic tidbits from ebay for building a DIY logging cable.

• Moderators
Interested in your feedback on the PLX AFR setup. I am planning on it in combination with the VBG1 for boost and AFR gauges. I like the PLX daisy chain concept and know that lossol liked it as well when he setup the gauge to work with it.

That is indeed my plan :D Don't have the cash for the VBG1 at the moment, but would like to add it in and the PLX seems like the perfect option for a clean / gaugeless setup in order to have all the information routed to one place. I had the AEM previously, and while it worked perfectly fine it required me to keep the gauge in the setup just to power the sensor. Worked great, but again I just didn't utilize the gauge at all.

Strizzy uses a PLX as well.

I'll keep you posted.

• Moderators
Why 5th & 6th photos have different shift knobs Hicksta?

Here's the truth: I purchased a cobb short shifter and the WC Lathewerks shift knob before I even officially purchased this car :lol:

Car got home and was washed. Pics were taken. Then shift knob was installed and more pics taken. Still don't have a pic with the SS installed yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Haven't really had any time to put towards the car, but managed to get a DW65c fuel pump installed. Next week should be pretty busy as far as installations go, hoping to get several things off the shelf and onto the car.

Ordered a few more things as well, build list updated.

how do you like that master cylinder brace? Did it firm things up?
There are tons of reviews on the GS MBC brace on this site. I did it first in regards to my brake upgrade path. Biggest improvement to pedal feel for sure since it mitigates the firewall flex behind the master cylinder, (and I did Stoptech SS lines as well independently to gauge changes).

• I Donated
There are tons of reviews on the GS MBC brace on this site. I did it first in regards to my brake upgrade path. Biggest improvement to pedal feel for sure since it mitigates the firewall flex behind the master cylinder, (and I did Stoptech SS lines as well independently to gauge changes).

Maybe I should have gotten one and done it while the engine was out. Probably would have been a piece of cake with nothing in the way...

• Moderators
Maybe I should have gotten one and done it while the engine was out. Probably would have been a piece of cake with nothing in the way...

No, having the engine out would not have helped AFAIK. removing the TMIC makes things a bit easier I think.

It's not that bad, just a bit finicky and tight quarters. Once you figure out what's going on with the bolts in the area it's pretty easy.

• I Donated
No, having the engine out would not have helped AFAIK. removing the TMIC makes things a bit easier I think.

It's not that bad, just a bit finicky and tight quarters. Once you figure out what's going on with the bolts in the area it's pretty easy.

Really? I doubt it would be tight quarters without the engine in the way... where does it bolt to the firewall?

Archived