BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

• I Donated
Autocross video!

Nice driving! Try to aim a little further out on the clamshells then attack the backside of the cone. Slaloms looked pretty good, try and be a little earlier on them and you're golden. Now go do more events!

Nice. I saw your car going around the course from a distance while waiting in line.

+1. FWIW, you'll see my white wagon parked on the right, at the end of your run 1:13-16 into the video :spin:. My wife was attending our little one in the car..

wanted to go talk to you but were not allowed to 'enter' the autocross area..

btw, if you put http instead of https (or maybe completely get rid of http(s) and just have http://www.), I think the youtube video will automatically embed into your post.

• Moderators

Thanks man, that worked for embedding--I knew it was something simple like that, just couldn't remember what it was!

Nice wagon, BTW--I remember looking at it when walking by, had no idea it was yours though.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks man, that worked for embedding--I knew it was something simple like that, just couldn't remember what it was!

Nice wagon, BTW--I remember looking at it when walking by, had no idea it was yours though.

thanks and no worries. At the end of the show, I went and checked out your car to confirm it was yours. When I saw the 6 speed shift knob and the rims, I knew it was yours ;).

• I Donated
+1. FWIW, you'll see my white wagon parked on the right, at the end of your run 1:13-16 into the video :spin:. My wife was attending our little one in the car..

wanted to go talk to you but were not allowed to 'enter' the autocross area..

Oh, so that was you. Was wondering who had temp tags but already had black wheels. ;)

Oh, so that was you. Was wondering who had temp tags but already had black wheels. ;)

:lol: courtesy of previous owner. He's done a lot of good work on that car actually (LOTS of mods). 124k, does not burn a drop of oil with calculated 28mpg on 100% highway driving. I am amazed and grateful.

My wife was telling me that I should have done the autocross given the suspension mods I have. Oh well, next time.

Wow 28mpg on the highway is crazy good. I get about 23/24 usually.

I know. Note that's 100% highway though. Mixed is more like 24. I still can't believe it. This car is great. I'll continue to take good care of it.

Now back to more pics of BMB's car :). Engine bay?

• Moderators

Get out of my thread, you gas sipping hippies!

My engine bay isn't all that exciting. Should be a bit better after stage 3 install with the top feed conversion and powder coated TGV deletes, but I'm not much for showy bits. Except for the brembos, I'm the first to admit that I love those for the bling :wub:

Get out of my thread, you gas sipping hippies!

My engine bay isn't all that exciting. Should be a bit better after stage 3 install with the top feed conversion and powder coated TGV deletes, but I'm not much for showy bits. Except for the brembos, I'm the first to admit that I love those for the bling :wub:

:lol:

Actually, I am not too much into bling either, but I'd be curious to see your final engine set up and stuff. I saw your brembos too last Saturday. Very nice. I might do this mod as well cause with more power, I need better braking than stock.

• I Donated
You will be glad to have them if you have more power.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's remarkable how much a set of pads and rotors change a car. The only practical reason to upgrade to a BBK is if you're tracking the car a lot (not autocross) and are experiencing brake fade on the stock size setup and you're already using drilled/slotted rotors with track pads. Drilled/slotted rotors on the street are only for bling.

• Moderators

In all reality, if you have good pads and swap to a BBK with similar pads your stopping distances can actually increase because of the increase in rotational mass. I don't care tho, big 'ol black brembos up front are teh sex. I also had crappy pads, so the braking is WAY better than the previous setup.

There's also a significant change in pedal feel that would not have come with just new hardware or a brake bleed. The way the brakes "feel" now is really incredible, especially once they are warmed up a bit (doesn't take much with the street pads I have, I'm sure it would take more with a racier compound).

• I Donated
In all reality, if you have good pads and swap to a BBK with similar pads your stopping distances can actually increase because of the increase in rotational mass. I don't care tho, big 'ol black brembos up front are teh sex. I also had crappy pads, so the braking is WAY better than the previous setup.

There's also a significant change in pedal feel that would not have come with just new hardware or a brake bleed. The way the brakes "feel" now is really incredible, especially once they are warmed up a bit (doesn't take much with the street pads I have, I'm sure it would take more with a racier compound).

SS lines completely transformed my brake pedal. Glad you're happy with the upgrades!

Archived