LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Where on the strut tower? And what is in the way?

Driver's side strut tower on the inside. The fuel pressure regulator and associated hoses / fuel lines are in the way (until you remove 4 bolts that allows them to move).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
Driver's side strut tower on the inside. The fuel pressure regulator and associated hoses / fuel lines are in the way (until you remove 4 bolts that allows them to move).

Oh. Psh. Not sure why people say it's so hard, then...

Removing the engine might still help, though... :hide:

Sorry for the thread-jack.

• Moderators
Oh. Psh. Not sure why people say it's so hard, then...

Removing the engine might still help, though... :hide:

Sorry for the thread-jack.

It's not hard, just obnoxious. Tight quarters, hard to get a wrench / ratchet in there, etc. Just like most other things, really...

Maybe I should have gotten one and done it while the engine was out. Probably would have been a piece of cake with nothing in the way...

No need for engine to be out (or TMIC that I can see). I did this with my otherwise OEM engine bay as my first mod. I thought it was a piece of cake :spin: I mean there is a video walk through and it's like 3 or 4 bolts and an adjustment ;)

• Moderators

OP updated with current parts installed. Car is running well with all the new parts on the basemap, can't wait for some more revisions from Cryo :)

Some more pics from the last week, didn't take all that many though...

DSC_0001_zps65b43b2b.thumb.jpg.7dd80bb7f89caa0b1ab2a38048776cae.jpg

DF9E5441-F09B-494F-AF7B-39BD0B13709F-7286-000009367E54C17B_zps5ddcdace.thumb.jpg.cbbf0bef3c11d603334562cfd0a81cb2.jpg

DSC_0022_zps301cb713.thumb.jpg.6410e3965dd2d04a9f77ada09a65b764.jpg

DSC_0023-1_zps3a76a58a.thumb.jpg.d6988a788da910ef4f77ff23c7db2ea1.jpg

• Moderators
I live in AZ though, and temps inside the cabin can reach 180+ pretty easily. Not sure how much air it blocks, and if it makes a difference in cooling? Any insight on that?

I don't expect it to block any noticeable amount of air. The vent is still plenty large enough to allow for the volume / pressure of air that will be provided by the HVAC system--if anything the VBG will result in slightly higher air pressure out of that vent due to a slightly smaller opening. Not that that will be an "increase" in cooling--really I just expect no discernible difference.

And it looks cool as shit so who cares?!?

And it looks cool as shit so who cares?!?

^ this.

...but I wouldn't expect an increase in flow velocity due to a smaller opening. That could be true if each vent had a consistent pressure from the blower, but in this case it's the pressure at the plenum divided up between each vent, either equally or unequally. If you reduce the orifice of one vent, the resulting backpressure would result in cooling air being redirected to other vents.

What happened? I just blacked out...

Tits mcgee

So the previous owner swapped both your head unit and your steering wheel then? Cause as far as I know, 05 XT did not come with stereo controls on the steering wheel, AND OEM aux input on the head unit. Lucky you!

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/OBXT/DSC_0564_zps45116895.jpg

• Moderators
So the previous owner swapped both your head unit and your steering wheel then? Cause as far as I know, 05 XT did not come with stereo controls on the steering wheel, AND OEM aux input on the head unit. Lucky you!

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/OBXT/DSC_0564_zps45116895.jpg

Correct. Previous owner was oclvframe. He added some nice touches for sure (steering wheel, new headunit, aux in addition, lowered suspension). He also did just about every bit of maintenance that the car needed up until I picked it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
So, any update on that red beauty :spin:?

Nothing too major, just trying to get my stage 2 tune finished up after dealing with a small leak issue. Only on revision 1 right now.

I picked up a set of STI BBS wheels (again...) and a stoptech front BBK though, added those to the build list under "to be installed..."

Next on the list will be installing brakes and some sort of tire upgrade--remains to be seen whether 18s are still in the picture at the moment or not.

Archived