LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PMed on location. Average build time would be about a week so long as I have the materials at that point. If you're getting me a grill it's just whether I have mesh since it's tougher to get. Can just plan to send it to me when I have mesh on hand.

Just an FYI. I've got everyone that has contacted me written down in order. I'll get the materials when they ship and build one of the S402 style grills. It's going to take a few weeks, it's a 2 week ship for the aluminum honeycomb and a week to build at least. I'll post a bunch of close up pictures when I'm done and we can go from there. Thanks for all of the interest and if anyone else is intested let me know and I'll write you down. Edited by nospmoht04

Called the place on the aluminum honeycomb today to get a shipping quote and it's $7 total to ship. I'll cover it but pretty cool it's so low. They also said they had it in stock at a warehouse somewhat near me and it's a 2 day ship, not 2 week like it said on the site. Pretty good news, thought I'd let you all know.

Here's a description on the aluminum alloy the grill will have:

"This is the most widely used of all aluminum alloys. It is essentially commercially pure aluminum with the addition of manganese which increases the strength some 20% over the 1100 grade. Thus, it has all the excellent characteristics of 1100 with higher strength. It has excellent corrosion resistance. It has excellent workability and it may be deep drawn or spun, welded or brazed. It is non heat treatable. Applications: cooking utensils, decorative trim, awnings, siding, storage tanks, chemical equipment."

Edited by nospmoht04

I was looking at some S402 pictures tonight and I noticed that the honeycombs looked bigger than the 1/2" I was going to order. The grill is about 25" wide and I counted right about 12 honeycombs to the middle so they're definitely 1" diameter cells, and not the 1/2" cells. 48"x24" sheets of 1" cells are $119 and change instead of the $96 and change. I'm obviously going to go with the 1" so I'll have to price accordingly which is what, $3.80 difference per grill over the 1/2", so I'll have to tack on a few bucks. It'd be $17 total to add the honeycomb to a grill.

I was looking at some S402 pictures tonight and I noticed that the honeycombs looked bigger than the 1/2" I was going to order. The grill is about 25" wide and I counted right about 12 honeycombs to the middle so they're definitely 1" diameter cells, and not the 1/2" cells. 48"x24" sheets of 1" cells are $119 and change instead of the $96 and change. I'm obviously going to go with the 1" so I'll have to price accordingly which is what, $3.80 difference per grill over the 1/2", so I'll have to tack on a few bucks. It'd be $17 total to add the honeycomb to a grill.

Sounds great!!

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

What if I were to send you a grill and the plastic honeycomb from a Crown Victoria?? Could you so some S402 magic??

He will not be able to angle the honeycomb like the S402 grill, it will just be flat like the other crown Vic modded grills out there.

BTW, I get the grill I bought today. YAY!

I believe he's referring to how the s402 honeycomb cells have angles that keep them parallel to the ground despite the grill insert being at an angle. Standard honeycomb cells in the material you've found or the Crown Vic will be perpendicular to the angle it's installed.

The few new grills I have being shipped to me don't come with an emblem. There's just the spot for an emblem with the two alignment pins. A lot of times buyin used ones people will keep the emblem too. I can't supply emblems for all the grills, they aren't cheap. That's something that would have to be figured out. If you're sendin me a grill with an emblem to build with then it'll be applied no doubt but otherwise one will have to be purchased. If you want to find one on your own and send it to me I'll apply it centered and all with no cost.