LegacyGT.com

Bigger is always better ;). I like this one and is still expandable for my needs. My neighbor just bought the husky with the wood top and it's not too bad, but the HF definitely has an edge over it in quality

Sounds good on paper until you have to move the damn thing. When you pretty much need a rollback to move it easily without having to unload it, it's a bit of a PITA.

:lol:

Mine is still an 100 miles away, and unfortunately I don't think my current garage is big enough.

This one isn't mine, but this is the box that I have.

http://i.ushipcdn.com/resize.php?path=%2Fstatic%2F8d4a8f0e-a52a-4bea-b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

thread revival...

I ran out of drawers/room in my tool box, so it was time to "add-on" again. When I bought my original box I thought it would be large enough forever. Hopefully this is the LAST "add-on" of my lifetime. We might have to run a "service special" to help pay for this upgrade.

20451810_1673388442713673_1175231386313004097_o.jpg?oh=01b062e65141c286add7b44a3a2a8d5a&oe=5A049405

Snap On likes to use the more expensive series of cabs for adds these days. The Classic series is the least expensive now. I was able to double the size of my original box for less then what it would have cost me to trade in my original and upgrade to the same size Master or Epic series cabs. Meaning no extra space, just a higher load handling capability and fancy plug in stations, etc. I need a box to hold my tools and not brake. The Classic series works well for me. The price, well its Snap On so its gonna hurt no matter what.

I will work on organizing my "socket" drawers for you and take a pic. It takes multiple long drawers just to hold the different metric sockets. I have only a small handful of SAE tools anymore.

If I had to guess, the box currently contains about $75-$100k in tools (retail). The box retails for about $40k. I did not pay retail. I have been making weekly payments on my tool account for over 5 years straight. SnapOn corporate credit considers me the "gift that keeps on giving".

Hansen makes a nice socket organizer. I keep the specialty sockets in the original trays. I picked up a set of 1/4" shallow magnetic sockets from Snap-on for ~$100. They are some no name brand but I think they go from 5mm-15mm. No more jamming cardboard in the socket to hold tiny bolts in tight places.

I have a bunch of BluePoint socket organizers. That way if ever in a pinch I can grab a tray and go. Maybe tomorrow I can start re-organizing. Then for the next 2 weeks I can keep opening the wrong drawers looking for my tools. LOL.

thread revival...

I ran out of drawers/room in my tool box, so it was time to "add-on" again. When I bought my original box I thought it would be large enough forever. Hopefully this is the LAST "add-on" of my lifetime. We might have to run a "service special" to help pay for this upgrade.

20451810_1673388442713673_1175231386313004097_o.jpg?oh=01b062e65141c286add7b44a3a2a8d5a&oe=5A049405

I need to change my pants now... thanks

John Hancock

Archived