LegacyGT.com

Conservatives Blame the Poor for Being Poor

bigjweb

From the article:

"A surprise was that political conservatives continued to blame poor African-Americans and Hispanics for the very act of being poor even as 43.6 million Americans of all racial stripes, 12.3 percent of them white, are living in poverty and collectively struggling to survive the fallout of an economic downturn—widespread layoffs, massive home foreclosures and loss of retirement savings and other assets."

http://americaswire.org/drupal7/?q=content/conservatives-blame-poor-being-poor

America's Wire is ten fold more left than Fox News, is right.

This is great....

"The conservative commentary conveniently overlooks many of these contributing factors, among them that African-Americans, and to a lesser extent Hispanics, are more racially and geographically segregated than other groups and less likely to live in areas with ample economic opportunities. They often have no access to good public schools that are economically and racially diverse and adequately prepare them for college, selective training programs or skilled jobs. They also generally have no access to good health care, which can mean health problems prevent them from getting and keeping good jobs and seriously drain limited incomes."

.... So much for going after what you want in life. Guess its better to sit back, bitch about limited access to just about everything in life, and wait for someone else to do something.... Race aside, that article rubs me the wrong way.

• I Donated Too

I recently had a conservative get mad at me because I told her to go back to school and get a better job if Obama is "stealing" all her money. She wasn't receptive and butthurt ensued.

Go figure, a GOP supporter getting mad when told to go out and take what's yours.

• I Donated Too
Nope. She's lower middle class who supports the GOP because she works at the county courthouse and many of her peers are conservative. It's retarded. I trolled the shit out her facebook page after the 30th update regarding Obama as the "worst presedent evar!!!ZOMG!1!1!"

Archived