LegacyGT.com

Shredded Chicken - Tip!

Brady

I keep forgetting to post this up here. This is a great tip I picked up a couple months ago and it has been great.

Shred Chicken in a KitchenAid mixer. Just put the cooked (and de-boned) chicken in the mixer with the paddle attachment and turn it on 1 or 2 for anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute and you'll have nicely shredded chicken for barbecue sandwiches, for soups, or White Chicken Chili ;)

I've tried it with both whole breasts and cut up, with about the same results. I've also been told it works great for shredded pork as well, but haven't tried that yet.

Here is another tip; don't leave the mixer running for 5+ minutes with the chicken in there or you will wind up with a weird meat paste sort of like baby food. I did this by accident once, then remembered it when I actually wanted to make baby food out of some chicken breasts I got for $1.49 per pound.

:lol:

I definitely think it's worth watching until you get the desired consistency.

I did find that close to a minute got it down to some pretty finely shredded chicken. Was still great for sandwiches, but would probably be a bit "mushy" in a soup. I would definitely start on the short side and mix more if it comes out too chunky.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived