LegacyGT.com

Post a pic of your garage

I want to do something with lighting and with the floors. It seems like every floor treatment I see peels up where the tires set. My old neighbors did garage renovations, and they said you need a diamond sander to scuff the floor enough for the paint to adhere.

For light I just want to tap into my existing overhead lights so they work with the switches.

Since buying a house last year, I've started to enjoy house projects more than car projects. My DIY workbench:

garage1.thumb.jpg.e78f43b0150b2bd1dcc3280dcffe9296.jpg

The install is very easy. They just snap together. Go to Racedeck's site and check out some install videos.

The hardest part was cutting a few inchs off one side of the tiles. My garage is 19ft 10 in. wide. Having access to a table saw will make the job go much smoother. Leaving a half inch gap around the edges is also advisable.

Best part about the floor...if I decide to move it comes right up and goes with me.

• I Donated

Here is my garage. Obviously not my home garage, but still my "garage"

02 WRX-----------93 Loyale

96 Legacy GT-----96 Legacy Outback

535438_10151445290203326_1995108692_n.jpg.9788c6fa2b5930b2cd62d6cb6ead3508.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

For light I just want to tap into my existing overhead lights so they work with the switches.

My brother and I converted the existing ceiling light to halogen track lighting. The halogen bulb units are adjustable and shed a lot of light throughout the garage. My favorite part of my garage.

My brother and I converted the existing ceiling light to halogen track lighting. The halogen bulb units are adjustable and shed a lot of light throughout the garage. My favorite part of my garage.

I want to do something like that too. My ceiling is too high to realistically be able to adjust them though.

I have a L shape garage, 2+1, and in the +1 I was thinking about wall mounting track lights on the three sides so I could adjust them when I'm working.

I should post a pic of my garage. Let you all know how NOT to do your garage.

My wife and I bought this house 2 years ago and the garage turned into the "overflow" for the house stuff. It's a detached 2 car garage behind the house and I have big plans for it... eventually.

It pains me everytime I open the door. :(

I should post a pic of my garage. Let you all know how NOT to do your garage.

My wife and I bought this house 2 years ago and the garage turned into the "overflow" for the house stuff. It's a detached 2 car garage behind the house and I have big plans for it... eventually.

It pains me everytime I open the door. :(

I had the same issue .. my son's Eagle project was the killer ... I finally bit the bullet two months ago when the weather was cool and cleaned the second garage. Now I have a home again for my Subie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived