LegacyGT.com

Well, I guess this is goodbye

SomethingWittyAsAUsername

Im just saying, I understand you gentlemen may have had a lot of the old cars, that doesn't mean that they don't start up everytime, they need back breaking work every weekend and that you need to by harbor freight tools cuz your poor?

Just a very weak logical path IN MY OPINION, which in recent news, is NOT FACT!

Imagine that

There's your problem. You can't read.

I never said they "don't start up everytime", I never said they need "back breaking work every weekend", and I never said anything about anyone being poor.

I was making a joke about the "no character" comment. Get your panties unwadded.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is alot of people that have to have new shit all the time to ease they're material complexes.

:rolleyes:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
Old cars are paid for and its cheaper to replace parts as you go, in the proper order of replacement you should have little to no worries...

No question that repairs on an old car are cheaper than a car payment if you do them yourself. But time is money. I can't afford to be working on my car every weekend, or even every couple of weekends, which is where I was with my G20. Before last weekend, I hadn't done anything since my last oil change in early January, and before that, nothing except oil changes since shortly after I bought the car in July. That is the benefit of having a newer car, and judging by the OP's complaints about the condition of his car that he's selling, he may share the same concerns.

there is alot of people that have to have new shit all the time to ease they're material complexes.

Yes, because a 6.5 year old car is "new shit"... :rolleyes:

Hmmm harassment from an administrator wouldn't look good would it?

He's not an administrator.

• I Donated
I wasn't talking to you thefultonhow..maybe I touched a nerve if you quoted that Lil buddy, there are people like that and a lot of them have come to the older forums and popped off at the mouth just like this....

Fact remains, nobody in this discussion has a car newer than 4 years old.

Yea, it is tough having a car that starts every time you turn the key, doesn't need something replaced every weekend, and doesn't require you to own stock in Harbor Freight to keep on the road.

Stupid lack of character.

Just for the record, my 16 year old beater still starts up everytime, hasnt had anything needing to be replaced or required any parts or tools from Harbor Frieght (or pick n pull for that matter) since I bought it.

My old 98 Outback only had one thing break in 2.5 years of owning it. Never once "didnt start" and frankly looked better and drove better than most "newer" cars.

I'm not saying buy a new car but just something that's not 15 yrs old.

Says the guy driving a 9 year old car... cause thats new.

Well, off to fix my old beaters.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm a bit confused as to why people who apparently have something against 2nd Gens because of their age are trolling around the 2nd Gen forum stirring up trouble. :/

THIS ^^^ !!!

Frankly, if you want an older car get one. If you want to pay THOUSANDS more up front (and still have to replace things unless you have a magic car that never breaks, or wears out) then go ahead.

I have owned several Subarus, some from "this century" and you know what? All cars need work. Doesnt matter if its 6, 9, or 15 years old.

But personally, I look at it this way.

I can pick up a 98 legacy sedan for about $2000 around here. Probably put about $1000 into it (maybe not even that much) and still be only invested $3000 into a car. You guys and your 05 LGT's are STILL paying $10-15K and then you have higher insurance rates, less available parts (think pick n pull, not napa) and all the while you are making car payments of $300 a month on average and Im putting $300 a month into my car to make it my own and modifying it. Its your choice gentleman, but if you are going to troll the second gen forums keep from looking down your noses at us cause we choose not (or cant) to buy a car from this century. Just because you think your '05 is nicer doesnt mean it is. I wouldve put Brooke up against any of your so called "new cars" anyday and overall, I would come out ahead.

No question that repairs on an old car are cheaper than a car payment if you do them yourself. But time is money. I can't afford to be working on my car every weekend, or even every couple of weekends, which is where I was with my G20. Before last weekend, I hadn't done anything since my last oil change in early January, and before that, nothing except oil changes since shortly after I bought the car in July. That is the benefit of having a newer car, and judging by the OP's complaints about the condition of his car that he's selling, he may share the same concerns.

True, and I agree with you. However, the fact remains. Why are there 3rd, 4th and 5th gen guys in the 2nd gen forums tooting their "new car" horns?

I dont come to the 5th gen forums and tell you guys how stupid you are for owning a car that you have to pay for each month and how wonderful it is to have lower insurance rates blah blah blah.

If you dont have something nice to say, dont say nuthin at all momma always said. :lol:

• I Donated
As far as threadbombing goes all of this is relevant, lick your wounds if your not in agreement and move on if the thread is getting sketchy.btw Females roll there eyes when they hear something they don't like either.

U mad bro? :lol:

Except you thefultonhow :lol: hard to compete with a Spec B

:lol:

For the record, my Spec.B is currently slower than my 05 was.

I will say that the Spec.B is breaking a lot less than the 05 did, though.

Man, you guys are almost as sensitive as the 5th gen ladies! Lighten up already. :lol:

No kidding! Whole lot of butthurt and insecurity in here over a couple jokes.

Not to mention the atrocious grammar.

• I Donated Too
No kidding! Whole lot of butthurt and insecurity in here over a couple jokes.

Not to mention the atrocious grammar.

Usually par for the course when there's a drop in social class and education level. :lol:

In response to OP...

I don't blame you man. These cars suck a whole bag of dicks if they start breaking. I like the way they drive enough to make it worth fixing. I have about $3500 into mine, and after I replace the engine......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It should be a decent car.

so its ok for you to make comments but not me?

Also, what was being said about social classes and education levels?

That's quite insulting considering the shit I have been through, and considering you never know who can be going through these forums.

So now with your point "proven" what have we achieved here?

I thought this was about helping each other...

Archived