LegacyGT.com

You go BRZ!!!

GEE-OTTO

The 5.0 mustang is trapping 112+ in the quarter @ mid 12's and does well on a road course.

^and that's ALL a mustang can do.

boring ass cars really. that's just IMO.

Granted the interior is pretty bland, but just out of curiosity what makes a car fun for you if not fast and a decent handler?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why i own a Legacy and not a Mustang. I had a 2006 Pontiac GTO and I got rid of it because couldn't drive my dog around or take it skiing. I sure as hell loved that car more than anything else i've ever driven though.

I have a friend who just swapped his STi for a BRZ and he couldn't be happier.

Even in stock form the BRZ is just plain fun to drive, even @ 30mph around town.

While the STi is much less streetable and can't be unleashed not to mention taken to any limits on public roads.

I'm thinking about picking up a BRZ as a second car at some point in the near future.

Especially if I can get my hands on a manual convertable (Toyota/Scion or Subaru, I don't care) in white:

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/watch-toyota-ft-86-open-on-move-plus.html

Yeah the 5.0 is good for the "moment of thrills" you will incur as a driver of a high HP vehicle. OF all the cars in that race i would go with the Porsche, ZL1 or BRZ

• 3 weeks later...
About +60 HP and +60 TQ on a Stage 1, that's pretty nice.

Any idea how this works in regard to Smog testing in California?

It doesn't look like it modifies the exhaust of the car, so I was curious if it's street legal here.

No cats are removed or other emission equipment for that matter so it shouldn't impact testing!

14.9 Seconds is still not bad for a 200hp car that is only $25K

This video also shows how good of bang for your buck the Shelby GT and the Camaro ZL1 are

well if you base your results from the chumps at the local drag strip, then it's a 17 second car lol. i witnessed it for myself friday night.

About +60 HP and +60 TQ on a Stage 1, that's pretty nice.

Any idea how this works in regard to Smog testing in California?

It doesn't look like it modifies the exhaust of the car, so I was curious if it's street legal here.

Definitely not.

According CARB basically anything between the intake and last cat can't be modified. Any aftermarket part requires CARB certification to be put in the system which is a ton of testing. Even the SPT intake has a CARB certification sticker.

It probably still passes emissions, but there's virtually no chance of it ever being 100% CARB legal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heh, didn't notice this thread.

One of our customers in Taiwan entered their FR-S in some magazine contest there for a 0-200km/h (zero to 124mph) contest.

It's best time was a 17.649 seconds -

166079_470987842987962_757884483_n.jpg

That was a stage 2 kit running at around 7~8psi, about 260~270whp. Overall slots it in

around Audi R8 or an E92 M3.

http://sportscarforums.com/f13/0-200-km-h-0-124-a-29417.html

I have a friend who just swapped his STi for a BRZ and he couldn't be happier.

Even in stock form the BRZ is just plain fun to drive, even @ 30mph around town.

While the STi is much less streetable and can't be unleashed not to mention taken to any limits on public roads.

I'm thinking about picking up a BRZ as a second car at some point in the near future.

Especially if I can get my hands on a manual convertable (Toyota/Scion or Subaru, I don't care) in white:

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/watch-toyota-ft-86-open-on-move-plus.html

I have to admit that I've never really been interested in a convertible until I saw this. :)

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Who buys an automatic BRZ? And how lame is that auto trans when it shifts. BORING!

Im sure quite a few auto BRZ have sold dont knock the gearbox it is surprisingly crisp and liberal if you want to use the paddle shifter around town.

I would only ever buy a 6MT tho:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
pumping out a reliable 330WHP daily driven

Cool story, bro.

but I think the transmission is programmed for mpg vs speed

Nope, it's just the top+final gear imply much lower RPMs while cruising, hence mpg. In the first two gears ratios are pretty close to MT, after that AT gets taller.

Archived