LegacyGT.com

My Subaru:2005 subaru legacy b4 blitzen

The mirrors are not all the same on all Legacys. I think that the 2.5is do not have the indicator in them (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). I think only the GTs have the indicator. Also, I believe the JDM mirrors are folding (option or standard?) while the UDSM mirrors are not folding. The probably does not affect the indicator plastic piece.

Basically, I'm saying that if you get a new plastic lens, I think those are all the same, so you can't get the wrong one if you get a Legacy one. You should be able to get a new one from a dealer without any trouble. If you want to try to get a used one, look in the classifieds here or post a want to buy thread in the WTB forum. If you get one imported from the U.S., that may not be cheaper than a local one new.

The B4 Blitzen is a 4th gen, right? I don't know much about the B4 Blitzens, though if I google it, I see lots of pics for third gen Legacys. If yours is a third gen, my info may not apply. Basically, I'm not really all that much help. Good luck.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about any of this though.

Welcome to LGT.com! Enjoy!

That's a 4th alright. Well, there ya go. Learn something new everyday. Looking at the mirrors in those pics, that looks pretty close to my mirrors, so I expect that the part is the same (just a guess though). Hang on a sec. I'll get a useful pic for you ...

Alrighty, here ya go.

The blue one is a USDM 2005 (4th gen) Legacy GT (wagon, but that shouldn't matter for the mirrors).

The white one is a JDM 4th gen folding mirror. I assume this is off of a GT, but I admit that I don't know for sure. The clear plastic piece looks identical to my eye.

jdmvsusdmmirror.jpg.5e15b033cb1bed4f4107ffad9c8f3ab4.jpg

Limited GT's have the signal mirrors. The indicator is pretty straight forward to replace. You have to take off the mirror to get to it then it is two screws holding it on if I remember correctly. Vacation pics has a good diagram on how to disassemble the mirrors.

Is it the GTness or is it the Limitedness? I.e. Do non limited GTs have the signal mirrors?

Fyi ... the pic is of a GT Limited with winter package (heated mirrors). I believe the JDM one in the pic is heated also.

As far as your other questions, op, I think USDM 4th gen Legacy GTs are going for between $7,000US and $10,000US depending on mileage and condition. 145,000 km is about 90,000 miles, which I think is probably right around average for 2005s, maybe just a touch below average.

What's the problem with the door? Is it not unlocking or does it not fit in the doorjamb properly? Is the problem from the inside or outside? If from inside, check the child safety lock is unlocked (open the door and it's the little black plastic switch just inside the door).

I'm no help at all on the radio stations.

That was what I have seen. If I'm wrong please correct me. I hate to give bad info.

Mine is unlimited and I have them. LALGT's is unlimited and he has them. Another local that had an Unlimited had them. I haven't seen a GT without them.

AFAIK the only things the unlimiteds didn't get was leather, hole in the roof, spoiler, power seats, wood grain.

Oh yea and the auto dimmer

I don't know if it is or not. It may very well be. That's why I was asking. I have one in my GT Limited, but that doesn't speak to it's availability on "lesser" trims. Is it part and parcel with the digital dual din 6 disc cd changer/integrated hvac controls? What's the other radio option? If it has the non-digital hvac controls, I assume it's a different radio too.

Not to worry, I always assumed my heated mirrors/heated windshield wipers were part of the Limited, but I think that it's actually a separate winter package that's available on all.

I can't keep all the minor detail differences straight in my head. ;)

I don't know if it is or not. It may very well be. That's why I was asking. I have one in my GT Limited, but that doesn't speak to it's availability on "lesser" trims. Is it part and parcel with the digital dual din 6 disc cd changer/integrated hvac controls? What's the other radio option? If it has the non-digital hvac controls, I assume it's a different radio too.

Not to worry, I always assumed my heated mirrors/heated windshield wipers were part of the Limited, but I think that it's actually a separate winter package that's available on all.

I can't keep all the minor detail differences straight in my head. ;)

Yea winter package for the heated stuff, which I have.

Dual Climate Control and 6disk in dash I have that.

Archived