LegacyGT.com

Result!!

Finally got the gremilin and kicked its arse ;) Took the combined efforts of Ross from AVO and a team of Subaru mechanics. Needless to say Ross did the hard end of it...

Anyway, anyone who believes that bad earthing can't be an issue should find comfort in that it was a bad earth that was causing all manner of headaches. Ross found in excess of 4v on part of the factory earth system, and it would fluctuate depending on the lights being on or off, brakes on/off, reverse, position of mars and venus, you name it. Turns out it was a 5 or 10 cent bl00dy connector body that let one of the earths go astray :rolleyes:

Anyway, picked the car up and the torque is back:) I treated it to some Motul 300V for being a good car :D Need to find a coolish day and a decent dyno now... muhahahaha :lol:

Was out for a drive today - simply fab. No street racing, but I may have embarassed a Porker or 2 inadvertently while stretching my calf muscles :D <ie they may have taken exception to me passing them, but I wasn't paying attention to what they were doing>

Eitherway, had a nice drive about town - didn't find time to dyno it, but she is now pure white again :D Will have to take some pics - or just shut up - I've been babbling on a bit since the fix was found - but I am just having too much fun ;)

Need to find a coolish day and a decent dyno now... muhahahaha :lol:

Yeah, good luck with that :D

I have hard time getting out of my air conditioned apaprtment now... thank good for cold beer and shiba pool :D

Anyway, do you know if wangan Earth Kit is any good? its all over the place in super autobacs...

Yeah, good luck with that :D

I have hard time getting out of my air conditioned apaprtment now... thank good for cold beer and shiba pool :D

Anyway, do you know if wangan Earth Kit is any good? its all over the place in super autobacs...

Personally I'd save your cash and DIY it. I've not taken a close look at Wangan's, but I've found that many of the big name brand kits don't have proper finishing which exposes that fancy cable to corrosion :rolleyes:

You'd be better off just getting your cash together and letting Ross have it - his stuff actually works, while most of the stuff from the brands looks good. Nuff said;)

Cheers :)

Archived