LegacyGT.com

Buzzing under the intake manifold

When I turn the car to the on position without starting the car I'm getting an electronic buzzing noise that is new coming from what sounds like under the intake manifold. Pretty sure that is the location it is coming from. I'm still under the power train warranty so I'm thinking of taking it to Subaru on Saturday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAo2iJhrtx8]Electronic buzzing - YouTube[/ame]

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

normal, the drive by wire throttle body makes an electric-buzz noise when the key is on ON position or the engine is running. the throttle body flapper motor is essentially one big servo, and servos are designed to make split second movements and response times.

• 5 years later...
2008 OBXT w/130K. My OB did not make this noise until last night. I did an out id car HG repair and when I got everything back together the car, starts rough, won't idle and now makes this buzzng sound described here and elsewhere in the forum. To me, it is clear that thebuzzibg is related to my issue and that it is not normal. When I figure iut whats wrong with my rebuild and i fix it, the buzzing will stop and thecar will return to nirmal. I will post outcone.

Archived