LegacyGT.com

Tune by BrenTuning? Check in here

BrenTuning

So happy with my tune.

third to fourth gear on the high way is just unreal, there's nothing like a shift throwing you into the back of your seat at 80 MPH.

Thanks for the smooth tune Bren. You are a genius and I appreciate how thorough and honest you were.

FP HTA68 7CM

Built longblock by Motive Auto Works

Have you done the cruise control trick yet???

I get it.

The car felt amazing today, loving this fall air coming in. Third gear just pulled from 3500 RPM all the way to red line, and fourth did just the same. Even fifth gear was pulling hard.

What a wonderful drive to work.

4th gear pull to redline?! Daaammmnnn... you musta been going like 120!

Oh wait, it's a 4th Gen... Daaammmnnn... you musta been going like 80! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing everything I had gathered over the past year for a turbo upgrade. I did tons of research on a good etuner and read a crap load of reviews on customers from various etuners also. Finally decided on BrenTuning. The process was super simple and smooth. I completed all my installs and ordered up the etune. The map was emailed super quick and the responses to ever datalog sent was even faster. I couldn't have picked a better etuner. The power is on demand and the daily drive is almost like driving a stock Lgt...until you smash on the gas and hit WOT! Now I get 28-30 mpg on the highway haha. I'd go back again and again to BrenTuning...no doubt.

Here is my mods list:

Cobb sf intake

Perrin inlet hose

Grimmspeed ebcs

vf48 w/ported wastegate

FMS fmic

Forge bpv

Invidia catted downpipe

Invidia q300 exhaust

Kstech tgv delete kit

Ported tgvs

Kstech air pump delete kit

750cc dw injectors

65c dw fuel pump

AEM wideband uego gauge

Autometer Boost gauge

Jake made cubby gauge plate

Prothane control arm bushings

Koni yellows

Swift springs

Exedy stage 1 clutch

Act Street disc

Kartboy shifter

Cobb shifter bushings

Perrin shift Knob

20130917_201719.thumb.jpg.17763a7f8f12b8e67fcb8cbf4bdda339.jpg

20130731_071549.thumb.jpg.d154ec10fe711af2ff74396b1d1e7774.jpg

• 4 months later...

Another great review, thanks for the business!

Hey guys. I had been running a OTS Stage 2 Cobb map for a while and it seemed like it wasn't all that. So I looked into an e-tune, and BrenTuning was an amazing choice. Bren had amazing turn around times for my revisions, and within the 1st my car felt like a completely different animal. That 2nd revision really put the cherry on top. He did an amazing job and I'm absolutely loving it! If you're questioning it, don't hesitate because you won't regret it. I'm beyond satisfied :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brentuned-220905.html

• 1 month later...
Id also like to thank BrenTuning for my recent Etune experience! It was extremely quick and easy and the outcome is worth every penny. I only have a turbo back exhaust but the car feels so much better with his tune over the Cobb OTS map. A lot more power and it drives much smoother than it does from the factory. I highly recommend using BrenTuning for your tuning needs! Great job guys!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Hey Bren a little ot here but I have a buddy with a 5.0 coyote mustang that he wants to supercharge. Have you installed a sc kit? How easy is it and what power would you tune it for on the stock block?

We have yet to have a chance to play with the new Coyote motors. We would be interested in having a chance to tune one though.

• 1 year later...
Bren can do either a local tune or an email tune. I believe if you want an etune from Bren, you need an Accessport as he doesn't do open source etunes. A local tune can use either open source or Accessport and can be dyno plus road or just road tune only. Give 'em a call or an email or a pm if your interested. They'll set you up with what you need at a price point you can live with. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Just visited Bren this past wed for a stage 2+ dyno tune. To my surprise he has rolled out a mustang dyno!! My hopes and dreams to pull bigger numbers were crushed lol!! No, but honestly couldn't be happier with the results. After 8 or so nerve racking pulls, Bren was able to extract 281 whp and 360 tq with a super smooth powerband. This little vf54 has surprised me with the amt of torque it can produce. I actually get nervous pounding the pedal to the metal thinking something has got to give. The turbo now holds boost to redline. Here's a pic, a vid and of course a celebratory pic with the man himself. Thanks Bren!!!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160430/67602b25f31c0df014d7f80980d2f4ec.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160430/8dd709ed3c025cba0efe089de7f0108b.jpghttps://vimeo.com/164790806http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160430/29c42b2dd3c960835db3c769a86bfe79.jpg

• 2 months later...

I picked up a 2008 LGT with 108k miles in February 2016. Picked up a VF52 with 20k miles as well as SF intake and CNT TMIC. Saved up for a while to go to BrenTuning, based on their rep I knew it was the place to go.

Emailed them a lot of times, over the course of several months planning and changing my mind a few times on things, but ultimately took their advice. Neil and Chris were very responsive. This was the first time I've taken a car to have any kind of work like this or a pro tune so I was all questions but they put up with it like pros.

My car started to have some problems before I took it in, I was losing boost and reset the ECU (I was Stg 2 Cobb OTS prior) and losing power and then it would come back. I contacted Bren and they assured me they'd take care of it and just go easy on the car until then.

Brought it in, got compression test and came back with good results... 120 120 118 122 psi. Leakdown was pretty good too. Spark plugs were white indicating lean condition. They suspected the fuel pump was on its way out. Luckily I was getting a DW65c, Forge BPV and Cobb EBCS anyway.

Turned out the SF intake I brought was for a WRX.. unfortunately they put it in before realizing the MAF tube was the wrong size so I paid a little for that mistake (in labor and maybe missed out on a little bit of extra power). Lesson learned, and I had a sneaking suspicion that might be a WRX intake (bought it used) and should have mentioned something first.

End results were really impressive though. I figured my old car would be lucky to get 280 horse 300 torque even with a VF52.

303 whp and 317 wtq

Car drives great, better low end, really smooth, and the boost is great. Much more powerful and feels like a better vehicle driving it.

Thanks BT I'm thankful you all exist and take care of my car like I only wish I knew how.

http://pelland.com/josh/BrenTuningDyno.jpghttp://pelland.com/josh/BrenTuningCar.jpg

Archived