LegacyGT.com

LAME SUBARU ADDS: Love its what makes a Subaru a Subaru????????????????????????

cocolime1221

COMMERCIAL IDEA: Spoof on Enzyte commercials and the like

Scene 1 Doctor & Information

DOCTOR: Attention millions of American drivers are suffering from BCS or Bad Car Syndrome

Symptoms:

- Lack of dignity

- Loss of self respect

- A lower self esteem

- Depression

- Discontent

- Anxiety

AND

- A lack of perfomance

A cure has been found though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scene 2 Man & Wife

MAN: Like many, I too suffered from BCS. I was very unhappy driving my car. I felt very disconnected.., distant.

WOMAN: This is very true. Many times I too felt alone.

MAN: When driving my car there was no feel, and I received no pleasure.

WOMAN: I never received any pleasure

MAN: But, then we switched,… TO SUBARU, and found that driving and life had become much more pleasurable.

WOMAN: My pleasure increased by 7 times a week. Now we both feel the pleasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scene 3 Doctor and Wife

DOCTOR: Hmmm….. Is it love? That is what they say makes a Subaru.

WOMAN: Hmmm… I’m not sure, but I can say it is now made quite frequently in the Subaru.

Subaru doesn't push the performance of their cars in their ads. They push safety, solidity, and reliability. All aimed at families. Therefore, that ad is going to hit their target demographic, which you are obviously not a part of.

Plus, it's still better than your idea.

just look up the statistics of marriage and new families

It does not matter. People do not put comedy over family when it comes to their values. If you do, I feel very sorry for you.

You also neglected to provide a credible source.

Subaru doesn't push the performance of their cars in their ads. They push safety, solidity, and reliability. All aimed at families. Therefore, that ad is going to hit their target demographic, which you are obviously not a part of.

Plus, it's still better than your idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0ieEGMcFo]funny 2008 Subaru wrx STi commercial - YouTube[/ame]

One of the things performance driver's share, from the stereotype, is their sense of humor. Nothing new with that group of thought. I'm curious what British commercials look like for Subaru advertisements (if there are any to begin with).

There has always been a fine line between funny and taking it too far. So fine that the line blurs when it comes to morals and individuals.

Subaru is well aware of their target audience. For documentation purposes, and to be fair, project Mediocrity is a far cry from "family values." Just an FYI.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/05/subaru-launches-2011-mediocrity-marketing-campaign-w-video/

I couldn't find the one I saw on TV a while back for the Legacy when he was picking up a taxi driver whose car had died down but this one obviously stated "performance" without showing it in action to an exaggerated level.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xiptQVmtaw]Subaru Legacy Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

;D I'm sure some of the guys who have GT's and WRX STi's would dismiss the advertisement below because deep down it makes them feel the opposite of masculine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMl33cENeB4&NR=1&feature=fvwp]Funny New Subaru Commercial Baby Driver 2011 Legacy TV Ad - Carjam Radio - YouTube[/ame]

I will give you genuine credit for trying.

However, if that were to be made into a commercial for Subaru, I would have to shake my head and likely commit a facepalm. It is not remotely close to Subaru's target demographic. Frankly, it doesn't speak toward safety, let alone intelligent or enthusiastic ownership.

And that is what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Archived