LegacyGT.com

Official Raised Outback Thread

natoli4

Did anyone else think that the ride suffered when adding even a 1" spacer lift? I think maybe if you went to adjustable control arms it would be different but i just looked forward to the softer ride in the winter and w/ the 1" it just wasn't worth the install pain & poor ride quality.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Goob, is that on stock setup? any rubbing?

Yes...stock, sagging, worn out suspension.

Rubbed on mud flaps and rear pinch welds. If you are ok with the squishy oem suspension you could run a 1in spacer. I wanted stiffer springs.

Side note: low traction in the wet with these tires and stage 1. Things will really get interesting when the VF52 goes in :spin:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's an in progress photo of mine.ADF lift 2" front, 2 1/2" rear with multilink yet to be installed. I was leaving for texas and just had to get the fronts done to be somewhat satisfied. Tires are 225/65/17 ko2 on 5x100 bbs sti w 25mm spacer

48237177316_9b3b3dbd7e_c.jpg

Any rubbing? I wanted to go with the 225/65 KO2s but was concerned about rubbing in the front. I settled on 225/60s for the time being.

Major bumper bite with these while trying to turn! I will have to cut a decent amount of the front bumper for clearance. Will post pics when I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey so wanted to throw this out here... Primitive Racing now makes the hidden winch mount for the legacy/outback crew. It's a solid and stellar piece that replaces the front bumper beam. I mounted a Warn Axon 55s to it and it works wonders when stuck. Also, Raceline just released a set of small vehicle offroad wheels for us Subaru peeps. Apologize for the quick advertising plug, but wanted to share with y'all that companies are still willing to make us, the red headed step child IMHO, parts.bddaafdda078f6cb2a03257140dd673d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Hey so wanted to throw this out here... Primitive Racing now makes the hidden winch mount for the legacy/outback crew. It's a solid and stellar piece that replaces the front bumper beam. I mounted a Warn Axon 55s to it and it works wonders when stuck. Also, Raceline just released a set of small vehicle offroad wheels for us Subaru peeps. Apologize for the quick advertising plug, but wanted to share with y'all that companies are still willing to make us, the red headed step child IMHO, parts.bddaafdda078f6cb2a03257140dd673d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like it.. What size tires are you running and are you lifted? You look pretty close to stock height, but with extra tire under there.

• 5 weeks later...