LegacyGT.com

dustinsonger's time attack outback build

dustinsonger

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys no update yet. Waiting till class is over to get it done. But soon. The kittycatfishobxtmustachefaceangrything will be even more interesting Haha. Oh and Boxkita, that's almost exactly the same thing I think of every time I think of hot explosive gasses getting forced into a stream of compresses air coming out the back of a car...

Whoever's black legacy that was tonight thank you very much for making me want power now, ya jerk. Haha. Oh man you guys, update I guess. Looks like I'm going be rebuilding the motor now. I think she's losing her rings finally at 113k. Need to do a compression test to make sure but she's burning a lot of oil and it better not be my vf52 that I've only put 5k on

I'm zooming down the carpool lane when pass a wagon that had a catfish front end. By the time I realized I was past. Waited for you to catch up. Big change from last time I saw it. The rumbly exhaust sounds good. Kept looking for the diffuser, where is it? :)

more power? You're gonna need alot to that black legacy. Lol

The exhaust I built is already a single but in thinking about building a new one and doing a blown diffuser

I hate to be a debbie downers but good luck getting the coanda effect to work around the aerodynamics of a wagon. :cool:

The coanda effect is not being applied in the diffuser... the diffuser works off of applying the bernoulli principle and a blown diffuser just takes that affect and multiplies it. But in reference to the wagons body you are correct in that the coanda effect will be hard to achieve across the whole surface

The splitter you mean? Its off right now. Pain in the ass to drive around the streets with it on Haha. So that was you then? Sorry I didn't recognize you Haha. There's no way you were flooring it on those pulls then, you werent pulling on me much, if any

I was dead on my feet tired and crappy tires, mostly 5th gear pulls. I couldn't get the down shift to work (too tired). I was trying to find your phone number to get you to pull over.

have to meet up some day and see the latest changes. I like the "catfish" look, what can I say :)

Thought you guys might like a nice picture of my car since this is a photo thread haha

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5505/10488722936_aefa6375e1_k.jpg

That's a pretty wicked shot. It almost looks like you were losing a passenger ;)

Oh and I want to apologize for my misuse of the coanda effect in the blown diffuser. I was confusing it for basic laminar flow. You were correct gteaser. It will be a pain to get it to work but its a pain in any car. The only people to use it effectively are f1 teams with millions of dollars of r&d and mine will most likely be a giant waste of time but honestly, why not try? It will be interesting either way.

• 2 weeks later...

definitely wasn't my scene though. that whole audi/vw world is a sad place to be. Im a nissan guy at heart (and i dont mean 240's), my first car was a 1984 300zx that i spent way too much money and time building, but i learned alot from it. Mostly because building an import in wyoming is a very lonely affair, especially when your wiring in a standalone among other stuff. But i ended up with over 480 rwhp so no complaints in the end

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Dustinz31/DSCF0137.jpg

also had an r32 skyline and a 200sx (s13 chassis with a ca18) when i was stationed in italy. also had an evo 9 mr that my ex took in the divorce.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Dustinz31/Ebo/2010-10-30_13-24-36_617.jpg

then finally after the audi tried to kill me for like the 7th time i got rid of that and bought my dream car, a manual boosted wagon.

I've always wanted a wagon to build. Seemed like a fun way to always get interesting looks from people. And it really came down to an 05-09 outback xt or an Audi all road and after all of the crap that my Audi put me through, plus finding an obxt with a 5 speed I jumped in. Definitely never saw myself in a Subaru but hey, its worked out pretty good. Now that I'm getting the suspension worked out this thing is really coming into its own. I will always miss my 80's Nissans though.

Archived