LegacyGT.com

dustinsonger's time attack outback build

dustinsonger

Honestly you would be surprised how much dynamic vertical force the wagon applies to the rear springs. Once I get the rear sway and end links and stuff I'm going to start tuning the preload and stuff to find a better setup for rotating the car.

The rear diffuser honestly is going to built by knowledge Haha. By testing I mean finding a cheap but durable material to make it out of. I have been messing with carbon fibre Lately so I might be making something and laying up carbon over the contact points. Really though right now I just need to figure out which design in my head works in the real world before I worry about final product construction.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly you would be surprised how much dynamic vertical force the wagon applies to the rear springs. Once I get the rear sway and end links and stuff I'm going to start tuning the preload and stuff to find a better setup for rotating the car.

The rear diffuser honestly is going to built by knowledge Haha. By testing I mean finding a cheap but durable material to make it out of. I have been messing with carbon fibre Lately so I might be making something and laying up carbon over the contact points. Really though right now I just need to figure out which design in my head works in the real world before I worry about final product construction.

Tracer-x and the team pony express team did a diffuser with 2 layers of fiberglass with a single layer of carbon fiber wrapped around the outbound side. It was quite stiff and very light.

When I modeled this with design software, the optimal layout would have required cutting into the spare tire area. As I've never used the spare tire, this would not have been a loss. You'll also need to change the exhaust into a single pipe instead of two.

• 4 weeks later...

That's good

So how did the 275s fit? I'm running 255s.

Just build it right don't buy crap the first time because u will just end up replacing it. I want a splitter setup and a rear diffuser setup for my Outback. These cars get floaty at the track. I just dont want to have it look as aggressive (Catfish LOl). I like sleeper subtle.

Archived