LegacyGT.com

dustinsonger's time attack outback build

dustinsonger

Well thats rediculously generous of you John... Im planning on making my way back out there. Need to work down some bills first though... cant throw away the no rent/big house to myself opertunity I have here while I can

no rent place? Yeah, I stay there too.

seriously, I'd lock this thread and start over. Use a catchy title like Gator did. Don't feed the trolls, either. :)

An outback does Pikes Peak!

Ok, now I see why I'm not in marketing. Not perky enough.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The moroso steel pan is a 6qt pan as well, i got that one simply because i cant fit any of the aluminium pans into my budget. Its a good price, has a built in baffle and comes with the upgraded pickup tube. The only advantage i could imagine from the aluminium over the steel is better passive oil cooling. buuuuut honestly after building audis and volkswagons and bmws ive seen plenty of exploded aluminium pans to not feel bad about getting a steel one.

The moroso steel pan is a 6qt pan as well, i got that one simply because i cant fit any of the aluminium pans into my budget. Its a good price, has a built in baffle and comes with the upgraded pickup tube. The only advantage i could imagine from the aluminium over the steel is better passive oil cooling. buuuuut honestly after building audis and volkswagons and bmws ive seen plenty of exploded aluminium pans to not feel bad about getting a steel one.

I replace at least one Audi/vw aluminum oil pan a month, it's a money maker :)

You would know better than I. But, I read that the Moroso piickup tube is pretty shitty on NASIOC. Welds were terrible or something.

Once you have it in hand, you will be in a better place to make the decision if it looks quality or not.

How much is the steel pan. Been debating replacing mine at somepoint and as I am not a racer can't really justify an aluminum pan.

Im considering the moroso oil pickup for my car, does it seem to be beefy enough? The killer b which seems to be the norm, is not terribly more expensive.

YOu really this only slurps oil off the bottom of the pan. Not serves as the sole skid plate protection for your car? Don't overthink this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived