LegacyGT.com

dustinsonger's time attack outback build

dustinsonger

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i feel like its not being well received here haha.

I still have alot of work to do on it but im just taking a break for now while i gather up ideas for aero adjustments up front and for the whole conflagration the rear will become

I think it just needs to be filled in above it, if that makes sense. But all that really matters is that you like it and a plus if it has benefits

I saw Dustin's wagon run, in a previous version, on a bumpy track. It was sticking better than the one I was riding in. When it gets filled in and aero-tuned, it should be really good. Adding lots of front downforce should help with it sticking thru the corners. If it can be balanced with the tendency of the rear to get light, it will really be awesome.

Gator (racing a wagon in Pacific Northwest) is looking in aero to get his wagon to stick better, too. I would expect their solutions to converge on a similiar path as both are seeking the same results.

i feel like its not being well received here haha.

I still have alot of work to do on it but im just taking a break for now while i gather up ideas for aero adjustments up front and for the whole conflagration the rear will become

I think it's because we expect to see "clean" builds. Yours is very much in the figuring out stages and while it works it's not the prettiest.

I think it's very cool what you are doing, even if I wish the fendors were somehow connected to the body:)

• 2 weeks later...
so i finally go around to putting in my walbro 255 yesterday and i just want to say, if you have 130k+ its worth it just to replace the pump. Was not expecting a change after the install but apparently i needed it haha. now just waiting for the eventual engine rebuild this winter to do injectors and other goodies.

I realized the other day while looking for my tape measure to adjust my coils, that i dont ever measure anything when im making this stuff haha. working on the rear fender/canards

http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10684258_1415502702022109_2127961872_n.jpg

Oh my god kongzilla you are so right my wheel choice was just a rediculous mistake! What will I ever do?

How about I, not care... that sounds like a good idea...

Im not positive what your problem with them is but ill address most possibilities...

Being someone who has had custom Works made for a project in the past im the last person anyone needs to be bringing up the bullshit wheel choice argument to. I push this car very hard in not the best places to slide off the road however little it may be. Ill take my 150 dollar tire holding device to replace anyday over a 780 dollar work wheel.

If your problem is in the size... deal with it. I have the absolute maximum offset I can possibly have without having to modify my suspension and wheel wells excessively.

If your problem is with the way they look... I dont give a crap what they look like. They are tire holding devices...end of story.

If its something else... I dont know what to say, im sorry I dissapointed you?

Oh and nightmare, measure never! Haha im more comfortable just winging it at this point.

i have an 07 obxt. I had a bad experience with spec clutches years ago which has kindove scared me away from them haha. I have always had a good experience with act in my past buildts. i was thinking of going act's upgraded hd full face setup and fidanzas 12lb flywheel... i was just worried because everywhere online has no options for an obxt specifically haha

i have an 07 obxt. I had a bad experience with spec clutches years ago which has kindove scared me away from them haha. I have always had a good experience with act in my past buildts. i was thinking of going act's upgraded hd full face setup and fidanzas 12lb flywheel... i was just worried because everywhere online has no options for an obxt specifically haha

They are the same. Anything that fits the Legacy GT will fit the OBXT (as long as you have the right flywheel)

At some point they switched from dual mass to single mass (might have been in 07)

I don't have any personal experience with aftermarket clutches. I read that ACT can be a little heaver which makes it a no go for me and stop and go traffic.

hahaha yes they can. But nothing could ever be as bad as my old act and fidanza setup, 9lb flywheel with a 6 puck unsprung hub disc on a 2800lb daily with 480rwhp.... If anyone ever wonders why i dont worry about building my engines, thats why. I hated driving that everyday haha

Get an 06+wrx flywheel and look at southbend. Saves your money for other parts and they are good clutches. Outbacks and lightweight flywheels don't mix.

A wrx flywheel and lightweight crank pulley and you shed like 6-8pd of rotational mass.

Lightweight flywheel and a crank pulley which is a maintenance thing on these cars have been known to cause check engine lights

Or do what i did and swap to a six speed. :)

why do you say outbacks dont like light flys? because they are generally used for offroading? im well aware of the torque loss but im making well over 330ft/lbs and im pretty sure offroading is out of the picture haha. the unsprung mass of these 295s is the only reason i dont want to go with the act 9 lb

Archived