LegacyGT.com

Quicker Steering?

Spent a day in Tokyo driving a 200-2001 flat six Legacy Wagon..

I was amazed with how quick and responcive the steering was.

It was deffinatly quicker than my USDM 2.5GT's steering.

I wonder what the ratio is on that wagon.. It was definatly supriseing.

B4

Please do. I WANT quicker steering responsiveness. The STi I test drive was much more responsive (though it IS sometimes tough to tell if it is suspension, tires, or steering...at least to me) - though if you hang out on the STi site (www.imprezawrxsti), they complain about steering responsiveness and talk about upgrades.

Mine is better with Eagle F1s than with the RE-92s..but is still lacking. I've done JDM RSB but no suspension upgrades.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

They quickend the steering for the JDM STI, no word on the USDM's "upgrades".. But, here in Japan, you need the quciker steering, or you won't be able to navigate the majority of the roads.

Came in realy handy yesterday preventing a collision with a grandma on a bycycle. :)

But, the Legacy I am driving is bone stock but, came with decent tires from the factory.

But, it deffinalty is more responsive than my USDM 2.5 GT even after all the aftermarket upgrades I had on it.

I probably wouldn't of moaned as much if it handled as good as the JDM version.

But, hey, I am here now, so there is a whole archipelego of toys to choose from.

I wonder what I am going to get next...

B4

Ara...it's slower! Wow.. If it's the suspension...I gots to get me some bilstiens!

I am apt hunting all day today, and tommorow. I think I am going to make Shin Maruko my base camp. But, I am heading out to Yokohama today to run some errands with a freind.

I will be free next weekend though, I will PM you my KETAI number as soon as I get one..

Looks like they made the foriner registration thing a bit tougher since the last time I lived here.

:)

B4

Wow - have you driven a new shape spec B then?? Now they really carve a turn :D

15:1 steering box + 6 deg of caster is tasty:D:D:D

Paul, we better keep him away from my car then;) <-still 16.5, but extra lively;)

Okay..yeah, that would definatly come in handy!

Me and these 100 yen parking places do not get along..

I need a smaller car.

Some one point me in the direction of the closest lotus dealer in Tokyo...

B4

Now you've got Paul thinking, and that is always dangerous ;)

A BE era B4 is about the same width as a Vitz anyways :D And once you've got a current Vitz RS (the only one that handles worth a damn and has decent tyres) equipped to a safe level (stability control, lots of airbags) the money is fairly similar... Of course, a std 1.3 Vitz runs on the smell of an oily rag, but you'll have to get out to help it up hills;)

BTW, please don't get an old shape Vitz, as they are not terribly safe in a prang...

Cheers :)

Archived