• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pretty new to this thing so yeah noob. Was wondering if anybody had any experience with hella rallye lights and if I should purchase the 500 black magic series and mount them lower on my brush guard or higher up?

06 sti front lip works w some minor fabbing or go to lowes and get garage door seal kit and use that

tons of STi lips on eBay for around $60 shipped. probably get one eventually

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I got the headers from Speedy in the opening post.

Um, they are crap. Pretty much the worst product I've bought in years.

Every weld leaks water. It leaks so fast I can't even manage to fill it with a measuring cup. The welds also look like they were done by a blindfolded drunk chimpanze. The ones I can see the back of over penetrate so bad there are 1/8 protrusions into the flow section.

The tubing is made from two different kinds of stainless as indicated by some sections being nearly totally non-magnetic (the straight bits), and others being strongly magnetic (the bends). Pretty much a gaurantee of cracking pretty soon, and the flanges are chrome plated mild steel with very strong magnetism and even showing, where they ground down some of the worst welds, the copper pre-coat to get the chrome to stick.

I haven't tried them for fitment, but I did stick a straight edge on them and both head flanges are about 1/8 inch out of true across the width of the flange, so there is pretty much zero chance of them sealing up.

I'm pretty stunned. I guess I'll have to try to send them back. Until I found out about the dissimilar metals I was thinking I'll cut them up and reman them myself to be straight and tight, but no point.

I got the headers from Speedy in the opening post.

Um, they are crap. Pretty much the worst product I've bought in years.

Every weld leaks water. It leaks so fast I can't even manage to fill it with a measuring cup. The welds also look like they were done by a blindfolded drunk chimpanze. The ones I can see the back of over penetrate so bad there are 1/8 protrusions into the flow section.

The tubing is made from two different kinds of stainless as indicated by some sections being nearly totally non-magnetic (the straight bits), and others being strongly magnetic (the bends). Pretty much a gaurantee of cracking pretty soon, and the flanges are chrome plated mild steel with very strong magnetism and even showing, where they ground down some of the worst welds, the copper pre-coat to get the chrome to stick.

I haven't tried them for fitment, but I did stick a straight edge on them and both head flanges are about 1/8 inch out of true across the width of the flange, so there is pretty much zero chance of them sealing up.

I'm pretty stunned. I guess I'll have to try to send them back. Until I found out about the dissimilar metals I was thinking I'll cut them up and reman them myself to be straight and tight, but no point.

Definitely send that garbage right back.

Yeah I would send them back and get a refund too. That's really odd though, after reading that I tested mine thoroughly because I was worried about installing them and them not working. They were machine welded inside and tig welded on the outer so very good welds. There was no leaks after it was full with water, and the whole thing was consistent with being magnetic, and being stainless it was a little magnetic but not very. The only different type of metal was the flange itself which turned out to be steel Edited by Dalee1104

I could see that happening, I'm probably gonna double check that gooch area and make sure it's not leaking one bit. The only thing I haven't done is measured the flanges. Just eyeing it sitting next to my factory manifold they look close enough tho

• 1 year later...
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will those headers you have linked fit on an ej221? I’ve only owned a Subaru for a month now so I’m not completely full of Subaru knowledge yet

Re: Eyekon in #79 above...

I got the "Supernova V.3 LED Headlights, H4 Bulbs" from headlightrevolution.com a year ago. I'm really happy with them. Good OE light pattern. They use a heatsink made out of what looks like braided ground strap that you spread out into a fan shape. They lived through AZ summer, although I do avoid the surface of the sun, I mean Phoenix.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will those headers you have linked fit on an ej221? I’ve only owned a Subaru for a month now so I’m not completely full of Subaru knowledge yet

No. The headers listed will only fit an EJ25D or EJ251/3 motor. You need to either track down some EJ251 heads and swap them on ($$) or you need to track down some single port headers ($$$$).

The heads will run you about $200 if you bought them from a wrecking yard (or less if you buy them used), plus about 10 hours of labor to install them. A set of single port headers will run you about $400 to $500 and are not worth it. No performance gain whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
Noob question, only owned a 2nd gen for two months now sorry. I’m having trouble finding an exhaust for my wagon, does anybody have any links or suggestions as to what would fit? Or would you recommend a custom exhaust?

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I've had some cool cars before but non were as cool or had as much personality as I think my 95 JDM Legacy GT Wagon will end up having. I'm waiting for a shipper to pick it up and deliver it this week. I'm super excited! Needless to say I'm taking all kinds of notes from everything being posted here. I'm super happy to have joined the Subie Nation and can't wait to hear those turbos spool for the first time and listen to that boxer sound as I cruise.