LegacyGT.com

Project Spec.B #163

It's nice having the camber adjustment in the rear - but my mechanic said they were a bitch to press in due to the shape of the lateral link. Way worse than the LCA bushings :spin:

I make magic happen with the press at the auto hobby shop ;)

Seriously though, I wonder if getting a new set and pressing those bushings out is the way to go. Hmmmm...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! You can get those from Doc Designs - a forum vendor here who does custom vinyl work. Check the Vendor Classifieds under Cosmetic/Electronic for his thread.

Thanks! He'll definitely be getting some of my business, I was going to do the DIY badge painting but this will be much easier.

Weekend project (car's filthy):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/98F7EF65-9FE2-4667-A5CA-102150475B3B-1422-00000149D2B2591A.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/4E0C6F5D-F9E6-4F36-8817-5F09248185EF-1422-00000149CEBA6175.jpg

Still need to do the lines and fluid flush/fill with super blue. Going to bed them in tonight (still waiting for full cure on painting calipers). Had to deal with the craptastic paint job someone did on the calipers in red. Bolts were painted over, as well as dust boots on the slide pins. Even the pad clips were painted over so lots of paint stripping, and relubed up all the slide pins, and anti seize for all bolts. Brush on paint kit was fine as the paint was self leveling, did the second coat and have plenty of paint left for touch ups down the road if necessary. Even repainted the front rotor shields that were looking pretty bad. Probably have Doc do up some new SUBARU front caliper decals in silver when I put the summer wheels on.

Those turned out nice!

Hey cat, I forgot you had swift springs. I have them waiting for spring (no pun intended) to be installed. What are your thoughts on them?

I'm sure Catalyst will have his own opinion on the Swifts, but personally I wasn't a fan. I ran them with Bilstein HDs for a few months, and the drop was too much for my taste. I didn't think the ride was that great either, but that's just my humble opinion.

Interested in your impression after bedding in the brakes. Was waiting for an update all weekend. :lol:
:lol: Had to literally wait for paint to dry!

Just did the bed in per Stoptech's specs. By the 7th 60-10mph they smoked nice and good, gassing off the pad bonding agent. Bite was up substantially by the 5th braking exercise. Did the second set of partial stops and it was a pretty dramatic change in braking (although on my OEM spec pads I was down to 2mm fronts and <1mm rears). Let them cool down without braking and then took it on a spirited drive. Really impressed with initial bite, shorter braking sections and great stopping power when you stand on the brakes :cool:

Next phase will be getting the SS lines done and some ATE super blue. I'll update again once that's done (probably middle of the month when I can get in).

Hey cat, I forgot you had swift springs. I have them waiting for spring (no pun intended) to be installed. What are your thoughts on them?

I'm sure Catalyst will have his own opinion on the Swifts, but personally I wasn't a fan. I ran them with Bilstein HDs for a few months, and the drop was too much for my taste. I didn't think the ride was that great either, but that's just my humble opinion.
Well I can tell you that when paired with spec.B Bils with some miles on them, the ride can get bouncy during repetitive bumps. The spec.B Bils are underdamped for the spring rate and think HDs (stiffer) would be an upgrade.

I wanted a bit more aggressive drop and am pleased with the ride height. When driving spirited through the twisties, the spring rates are good. With my other suspension upgrades, (sways, ELs, WL RCBS kit, and WL bushings all over), and the summer tires on; this thing is planted. Steering and rotation are much improved, and loads weight quickly when transitioning between turns without excess body roll.

So it's a bit of a trade off between performance and comfort, but I expected that from aggressive springs. With Bils it's either Swifts or Pinks and the Pinks aren't enough of a drop with spec.B tophats IMHO.

I received a CF hood scoop replacement that shipped from Hong Kong and arrived damaged :spin:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/BBF21EAC-49C7-4E15-AEBD-DBC8B4A5666A-3761-000002387111789C.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/AC0970E8-1C90-4858-84A0-16668E39390D-3761-000002387344DD25.jpg

Nothing like waiting a couple weeks for something you paid good money for to arrive useless. I have hope it will be resolved as the vendor is a stand up company from what I have read, and if the supplier refuses to put any padding around it before they drop it in a cardboard box I'd rather my money is returned than playing this shipping game.

/rant

Right now I'd like to fly over and shove it up their ass sideways... who spends hours making a carbon fiber part (quality actually looked good and the weave was incredibly laid out), and then drops it in a box with a plastic bag and zero foam/packing bubbles/peanuts or anything to ship it overseas :iam:

Bummer man, I know how you feel.

I got my spoiler from oversea's and it was less than perfect when it arrived. Fast forward a year and a half or so and it needs a full repaint. :(

hope they get you taken care of.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...

Vendor is working with me on resolution which is all I can ask on the hood scoop. They filed an EMS claim. Hoping it doesn't take too long - into it a week already.

On a better note - Stoptech stainless lines and fresh brake fluid went in today. :D Pedal feel is improved. I'm glad I didn't do the entire brake job at once so I could truly compare. SS lines night and day difference... no. It is better though (although I feel the GS MCB was a bigger improvement in pedal feel overall). When pad temps are at operating range the setup stops great. I have plenty of braking for my needs at this point, just reinforcing a BBK is overkill for most (even spirited driving on a regular basis). I'm stoked on the setup and really glad I went with the Stoptech Stage 2 Sport Kit!

Next up is clutch upgrade. More pictures to follow once we are out of the snow season. Summer wheels and the rest of the CF go back on. I'll finish up the brakes with some of Doc Designs vinyl in Silver when I do the swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received tracking information on my TRS Morimoto RetroQuik 3Five 5000K HID kit from the GB. Going to take my original headlights that I replaced with the 05s that I cleared, and do the conversion on those. While open I'm going to paint them (mask the reflector for the turn signal and projector bezel, and blackout the rest). Then the cleared 05 headlights will go up for sale.

Also just finished a center console refresh. New e-brake lever, cover for the center console that holds the seat heaters and cup holder in, some random clips and popits that were missing, and the Diode Dynamics CF cup holder inserts (they used mine as the picture for the LGT option on their site).

Spring is upon us. Thinking the CE28Ns need to go on this weekend :cool:. Will get my caliper decals on and probably tackle the first steps of the lighting upgrade. When time permits I'll pull the front bumper and finish the HID install along with the Hella Horns and put the CF front lip and CF fog bezels back on. Hopefully I get my Stanza replacement scoop soon too.

THEN PICTURES! I mean, that is what this thread is really about right???

Archived